Instagram

I use it pretty fairly, unless you're famous I won't follow you if you don't follow me. :P

Anyone who considers this a legitimate photography platform is over thinking it. Sure there are people who photoshop pics taken with a real camera before posting them on IG, but what's the end game? More likes? I've heard of people getting writing gigs from Twitter or acting gigs from Vine, but what's the benefit of having a ton of IG followers besides an ego boost?

Um ok?

For context. I was several pages back when I checked back into this thread and when whomever got mocked for not following accounts they didn't like the content of....that's what sparked my post.

Just an unorganized photozine for me (now with a lot of advertisement...) I love that part of it...not necisarily the social-media aspect of it

Man.....I think of and use IG a bit differently than most people on here I think?

I enjoy photography/pictures....I don't enjoy reading. IG for me is just an online photobook/archive of shit I've done and experienced...".a picture's worth a thousand words" kind of thing. Some people I do follow just to keep up with what they're up to (older friends, family, and acquaintances) but mostly it's it's like looking at an unorganized photozine to me.

I don't keep up with followers and would never know if somebody unfollowed me....I don't really even care if anybody likes my posts....it's basically for me to have a single place to keep up with photos, I like that it's open for anybody to see (family/friends that might not be on IG can be shown the picture or sent the link)....And for me to see a lot of (hopefully) interesting pictures/photos.

Occasionally I will use it for social media purposes (advertising) and I did do a great deal of that with the IG account of the last venue I worked for....but bottom line...

It's just about photos rather than words for me, I simply don't enjoy reading that much and I greatly enjoy photography

I feel yah, I hate people who will post a image of a quote on IG (my fiance's sister does this all the time). Although I have been known to post random shit thats not just a image.

Whoever "modestvinyladdict" is is so annoying. He comments the same damn emoji on everyone's record pictures just dying for followers. It's funny cause if you look at a hashtag like #harmlessness he just posts the same thing on everyone's picture.

There are automated services that will leave a comment on any picture with a certain hashtag.

Does anyone know what happened to @needledrops? I remember he organized that whole August vinyl challenge and gave away a turntable but now it seems his account was deleted. I always enjoyed his posts

Can't believe that thing's still going, I created a monster.

Man.....I think of and use IG a bit differently than most people on here I think?

I enjoy photography/pictures....I don't enjoy reading. IG for me is just an online photobook/archive of shit I've done and experienced...".a picture's worth a thousand words" kind of thing. Some people I do follow just to keep up with what they're up to (older friends, family, and acquaintances) but mostly it's it's like looking at an unorganized photozine to me.

I don't keep up with followers and would never know if somebody unfollowed me....I don't really even care if anybody likes my posts....it's basically for me to have a single place to keep up with photos, I like that it's open for anybody to see (family/friends that might not be on IG can be shown the picture or sent the link)....And for me to see a lot of (hopefully) interesting pictures/photos.

Occasionally I will use it for social media purposes (advertising) and I did do a great deal of that with the IG account of the last venue I worked for....but bottom line...

It's just about photos rather than words for me, I simply don't enjoy reading that much and I greatly enjoy photography

i do the same!  it's more like a photojournal for myself and anyone else who might care (friends or fam).

it perplexes me that people use it as a mode of validation and there are these apps for people to see who unfollowed them.  i don't even care about that so it's weird to me that there is even an app for that, but oh well?

and basically, i do use the hashtags to see what else is out there...  like for example if i tag a band and they like it and then i realize they have an IG page and i can like it to see what's new with thtem.  or anything else i might like to consume (food, dresses, museums, etc.)

For the record....I didn't say anybody was using it correctly or incorrectly.......if anything, it appears I am using it wrong.

I simply said, it seems like I think about and use the app differently than most here.....I didn't say, nor did I imply, better or more correctly

Follow or unfollow whomever you please, rack up all the little hearts you can if that's what you want out of the app

I view it as an interactive digital photo archive...which would definitely fall under the SocialMedia moniker

My initial post was simply a response to a dude getting flamed for admitting how he used the app....I suppose i shouldn't be surprised by the populous' reaction to that

Had a bipolar breakdown and deleted my last one. Might be following a couple of you already. I should probably go through and follow more. Pug, records, whatever else. @nowherenothingfuckup. I swear I'm nicer on there than I am on here B)

@randomfortune for mostly concerts, records, tristate area aesthetics, food and photos of other things when I take the time to actually snap some. I am not the type to document every trip but you might see an effort every now and then. Right now I am trying to listen to and post a clip of a Halloween themed record each day this month so expect a lot of those.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a bipolar breakdown and deleted my last one. Might be following a couple of you already. I should probably go through and follow more. Pug, records, whatever else. @nowherenothingfuckup. I swear I'm nicer on there than I am on here B)

ill take a peek into your little world. youve intrigued me all these years.