OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

4 minutes ago, Rip said:

The anniversary part I mean

I feel ya. All these albums I love having such major anniversaries is really giving me a reality check how old I am and how quickly time goes by. This album came out when I was a junior in high school. Crazy to think it’s been 20 years since that. 

this 2xLP 180g gatefold reissue hit local shops today. I picked one up. it sounds amazing. comes w/ 2 printed inners and housed in separate white poly dust sleeves. jacket super thick and spine is beefy

also, just noticed it’s available at Plaid Room again: https://www.plaidroomrecords.com/products/b-coheed-and-cambria-b-br-i-in-keeping-secrets-of-silent-earth-3-i?_pos=1&_sid=27002e7c2&_ss=r

Edited by 1876records

• 4 weeks later...

Early Discogs comments are insisting that the sibilance issues from the 2014 press are fixed.  There’s photos floating around of an indie store purple variant for RSD Essentials, scheduled for 10/6.  Still imagine the band is gonna’ do something for their own variant.

Edited by Derek™

34 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Early Discogs comments are insisting that the sibilance issues from the 2014 press are fixed.  There’s photos floating around of an indie store purple variant for RSD Essentials, scheduled for 10/6.  Still imagine the band is gonna’ do something for their own variant.

good info, maybe I'll just hold out and see what the 20th anniversary brings.  I just want to have a great sounding copy of this album, couldn't care less what variant I have.  From what I've read it sounds like the only decent sounding reissues have all come from EU pressing.

6 minutes ago, lostcrimes said:

They probably go with the most accessible/cheaper colors. No time to waste when there's an entire fanbase to cash out on.

Should've done an "Silent Earth eco mix" variant to just sweep those leftover color pellets into the mix and charge max MSRP.

2 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

Waiting on a standard black, but at $40+ I might be out. Unless Numero puts it out I just don’t care anymore. 

Got you covered.  $25 PPD.

Probably the route I'm going since I think it's a way better match than current variants.  Discogs reviews are glowing as well so far.

19 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Should've done an "Silent Earth eco mix" variant to just sweep those leftover color pellets into the mix and charge max MSRP.

Probably the route I'm going since I think it's a way better match than current variants.  Discogs reviews are glowing as well so far.

Awesome. Noticed after my post the Amazon listing is black and priced according. Thanks for the heads up. Easy choice. 

18 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Are you sure that's the EU pressing at Amazon?

Just now, Sad Heart said:

Awesome. Noticed after my post the Amazon listing is black and priced according. Thanks for the heads up. Easy choice. 

No problem. 👍

Just now, thesecrets0308 said:

Are you sure that's the EU pressing at Amazon?

Not 100%, but 98% or so?  There's no US listings on Discogs at least.  Lots of reviews on the 2014 US listing are talking about a new cut / new press with some obvious giveaways on the packaging.  If it's not the EU press, it's a painless return.