PO: Two new Mono LPs - The Last Dawn & Rays of Darkness

Walking Cloud... is easily my fav record of theirs. And the double LP is only $12 from TR so i recommend it for anyone who hasn't heard them. I never loved the orchestral stuff so the new album description has me really excited.

I still hope to find "Hey You" on cd someday. I managed to get every other Forty-4 records release except for that one.

the explosion at the end of 'Halcyon: Beautiful Days' is one of the finest moments in music of all time.

it's so goddamn good in that 3xLP/DVD live set.

True...I only wish the DVD had a decent video/audio quality...it's horrible to watch/listen to!

BTW, is it mid-October already? I WANT THIS NOW!!!

I shouldn't have, but I ended up doing the double dip after all.  Have a bonus check coming up in the next few weeks, and it will more-than justify the cost.  And of course, Brian's post got me more jazzed than I can even express.  But the biggest nudge was constantly thinking about it, and wondering which option to go with.  If you have to consider a colorway more than 5 or 6 times, I feel like you're just better off going for broke and clearing it from your mind.  There's no way I'm going to back out on TRL, though – and seeing as ~50% of their 1,000 copies are sold out after a day, holding onto both orders seems like the wisest choice.  We'll see how they turn out.

Sometimes I disgust myself when it comes to the variant game.  So dumb.

So did I - hahaha.

Also, this makes me a little nervous. I'd love to hear a track with vocals ASAP because this has fallen flat on its face for several other ambient/instrumental groups. Cough Eluvium COUGH

It'll be different, that's for sure.  From what I gathered, the intensity and heaviness of Rays of Darkness will compliment the track or two where Envy's vocalist does his thing.  It definitely won't be a theme that reoccurs across the whole album.  That's something I'm 90% sure of, anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...