Secret Santa 2014 (the saga continues) Update 12/27/2014 (post your gift pix lazy bastards)

My packages arrived this week, and I've been trying my best not to open them, but I just can't hold out. I am totally blown away by my Secret Santa.

teERps1.jpg

blink-182 - Buddha (green/blue split)

Messer - Im Schwindel (German post-punk)

cEuk6Bq.jpg

Last Call - 12:57 7" (blue)

Daylight - The Difference in Good and Bad Dreams 7" (clear w/ haze) - looks super cool in the light!

Assorted label stickers and buttons (plus a discount code for Topshelf Records, which I will certainly be making use of). There's no way my SS would have known this, but I actually have a small collection of music-themed buttons, so these will be right at home!

A set of "vinyl" coasters - will definitely see some use on my desk, which has tons of watermarks from various glasses...

2 (two!) mix-CDs, titled: Mixed Feelings Vol. 1: Songs You Might Like and Mixed Feelings Vol. 2: Songs You Probably Don't Like. I've been listening on-and-off to Volume 1 since I opened the packages, and I dig it! Also, I laughed maybe too hard when I read these titles. Hoping my recipient enjoys my mix CD title half as much.

NOFX - Ten Years of Fuckin' Up DVD - I've been meaning to watch this, now I can!

Against Me! - We're Never Going Home DVD - Apparently a documentary of an Against Me! tour, which I am also looking forward to watching. :^)

And finally, last but most absolutely and certainly not least, is a "Milo Goes Record Shopping" tote bag. I don't really have words for how thoughtful and creative this is, but what I can say is thank you so much! I will be the envy of every Broken Bells-shopping "indie" kid at the local record store!

I am not 100% certain who my Secret Santa is, but going by the clues I was given (from Germany, likes cats and Jimmy Eat World), I have narrowed it down significantly. ᵒᴥᵒ has posted in both the Jimmy Eat World reissue thread and CATS RULE, DOGS DROOL, and is from Germany. There was another contender, but he hasn't posted in this thread, so I must conclude that my SS is, in fact:

Mr. (or Mrs.) ᵒᴥᵒ!

If I'm wrong, I will go back to sleuthing, but if I'm right - thank you! This is incredible. I appreciate you sharing some music from Germany with me - I can't wait to listen to Im Schwindel - and everything else is superb. Especially that tote bag. Just too cool. Thank you so much. :'^)

You got me. I'm so glad you like most of the stuff I send you. I wish I could get something else from your wantlist, but if it was that easy it probably wouldn't have been on your list, haha. If you have listened to Messer, I'd really like to know what you think about them. Unfortunately not many bands come from here, actually there are just maybe  2 or 3 I'd consider being good. I also put two German songs on your second mix CD, one from Messer's second album and one from a band called Fotos. Here's the full tracklist:

Vol. 1:

1    Yo La Tengo - De-Touring America With Horns

2    The Edsel Auctioneer - Undertow

3    Knapsack - Courage Was Confused

4    Beach Slang - Kids

5    Gypsy - Stuck

6    Save Ends - We're The Only Ones

7    Title Fight - Head In The Ceiling Fan

8    Samiam - Stepson

9    Jimmy Eat World - Anderson Mesa

Vol. 2:

1    65daysofstatic - Prisms

2    Helios - Halving The Compass

3    Kishi Bashi - Hahaha Pt. 1

4    Enemies - We've Been Talking

5    Maybeshewill - Accolades

6    Tycho - Montana

7    Fotos - Wasted

8    Messer - Süßer Tee

(Actually I wanted to add inserts with the tracklist, but somehow I fucked up the colour management and it looked terrible.)

You got me. I'm so glad you like most of the stuff I send you. I wish I could get something else from your wantlist, but if it was that easy it probably wouldn't have been on your list, haha. If you have listened to Messer, I'd really like to know what you think about them. Unfortunately not many bands come from here, actually there are just maybe 2 or 3 I'd consider being good. I also put two German songs on your second mix CD, one from Messer's second album and one from a band called Fotos. Here's the full tracklist:

(Actually I wanted to add inserts with the tracklist, but somehow I fucked up the colour management and it looked terrible.)

I haven't had time to play the LP yet, but I did listen to one of their songs on Bandcamp and I really enjoyed it. I love foreign language music. (I've never been able to speak eloquently in anything other than English even after four years of French, so it's nice hearing people say something other than "I am Alex, I go to the school.") So if Im Schwindel is as good as I think it will be, I think I'll track down some of those other variants. The cover art and the texture of the sleeve is very cool, too! Anyway, I digress - I don't want to ramble too much.

I'll hold off on studying the track listing until after I've finished with each volume, 'cause it is fun listening "blind" as it were. Again, thank you. I'm having a lot of fun with this new music. :^)

Got my package! Here we go:

vf52h.jpg

Judging my the contents, thanks Josiah! It's been a few years since you had me, and you came through again!

List of items:

Radiohead: Pablo Honey. One thing I've never bothered to pick-up, so thanks!

A ghostbusters picture disc, possibly signed by RPJ. I LOVE ghostbusters stuff!

A tiny little No Machine record. So cool.

Duff beer and Duff engery drink bottle/can. Mmmmm Duff.

Octofox IPA. Excited to try this. The beer you sent me a few years ago was AWESOME and I love IPAs. I'm not drinking this month, so I'll crack this on December 1st.

Some stickers. Love the #chipoltlefriday one. We don't have those here, but my team at work and I go for burritos every Friday.

A cool music note necklace

and

A thumb drive FULL of Xmas tunes.

Thanks again, man. This is an awesome gift!

Got my package! Here we go:

vf52h.jpg

Judging my the contents, thanks Josiah! It's been a few years since you had me, and you came through again!

List of items:

Radiohead: Pablo Honey. One thing I've never bothered to pick-up, so thanks!

A tiny little No Machine record. So cool.

Duff beer and Duff engery drink bottle/can. Mmmmm Duff.

Octofox IPA. Excited to try this. The beer you sent me a few years ago was AWESOME and I love IPAs. I'm not drinking this month, so I'll crack this on December 1st.

Some stickers. Love the #chipoltlefriday one. We don't have those here, but my team at work and I go for burritos every Friday.

A cool music note necklace

and

A thumb drive FULL of Xmas tunes.

Thanks again, man. This is an awesome gift!

That ghostbusters !!!!!!! :wub::wub:

That ghostbusters !!!!!!! :wub: :wub:

Ready to get jealous everyone?  That signature is not RPJ's, it's Dan Aykroyd's!

Glad you enjoyed it!  No Machine feature's DEP's drummer, if you didn't already know.  It's killer stuff.

Wow. How'd you manage to grab that?

Truth is, I didn't, I bought it signed.  I did some sleuthing and it seems to be authentic, and he's a super chill guy so it wouldn't be hard to get a signature from him.  He came through town a couple years ago doing press for his Vodka and he sat in a local liquor store for like 8 hours signing shit and talking to fans.

Ready to get jealous everyone?  That signature is not RPJ's, it's Dan Aykroyd's!

Glad you enjoyed it!  No Machine feature's DEP's drummer, if you didn't already know.  It's killer stuff.

DUDE! Amazing. You're 2/2 on the awesome picture discs! Thanks again. You really went above and beyond!

I already listened to the No Machine record... I REALLY dig it!

I also cheated a bit with the guess. I was already thinking it may have been you, since I saw it came from Victoria. But, there was a mailer inside, on the bottom of the box, and it had your name on it. haha

Well, as much as I was jealous before, you kicked it up a notch! Dan Aykroyd  :wub:

As my packages are sitting on the table next to me, I am so tempted to open them just because everyone else is. But honestly I don't exchange gifts with that many people on Christmas, just my parents and boyfriend, so I'm reeealllllyyyy trying to hold out till then. Sorry if I'm leaving you in suspense Santa!