The STAR WARS Thread

slinch

Yeah I'm glad Poe's still going to be around. His snippy dialogue with Kylo made me chuckle and the blooming bromance between him and Finn was kinda of funny. I hope he's actually got more to do the next time around than just be the ace pilot though and then disappearing for a good part of the movie. Would have preferred him going along with Finn to meet Rey but we would not have gotten this lol shot probably.

IeVmSJX.gif

I did hear in an interview with Lucas that he had planned to just make a movie called "Star Wars" that encompassed the entire original trilogy but realizing it was too long, just opted to make one movie about the first third, then had success obviously to continue, etc, etc. We know the rest.

Going to end up reading Shattered Empire to add some more context to the end of Jedi, only a mini series comic.
Reading the other comics now, just finished Lando on to Vader Down next.

The next Star Wars will be directed by Rian Johnson, director of the 2012 film Looper and three iconic Breaking Bad episodes, and is set to hit theaters in May 2017. Daisy Ridley will return as Rey, Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron, John Boyega as Finn and Benicio Del Toro will be one of the added characters for the trilogy's second sequel. While not much else has been revealed, the end of Episode VII has sparked educated speculation and the cast and crew has revealed subtle hints.

I did hear in an interview with Lucas that he had planned to just make a movie called "Star Wars" that encompassed the entire original trilogy but realizing it was too long, just opted to make one movie about the first third, then had success obviously to continue, etc, etc. We know the rest.

Going to end up reading Shattered Empire to add some more context to the end of Jedi, only a mini series comic.

Reading the other comics now, just finished Lando on to Vader Down next.

Shattered Empire was good, but Vader Down so far is great!

Okay, I knew Rian Johnson directed Brick and Looper but I didn't know he also directed three Breaking Bad episodes - and arguably its greatest episode, Ozymandias. And now I'm even more hyped.

I wonder what Harrison Ford is gonna do in VIII. Probably flashbacks scenes (hopefully with Leia), I don't think he has the ability to become a Force ghost.

We should really turn this into the Star Wars thread...coming up next is Star Wars: Rogue One. Being directed by Gareth Edwards whose films are Godzilla (2014) and Monsters. Writing that one is Chris Weitz whose credited for writing Cinderella, About A Boy, American Pie, and Golden Compass. The other writer is Gary Whitta, who wrote Book of Eli (okay film) and After Earth (very bad film). I didn't mind Gareth with Godzilla but those writers better write a decent script to work with.

After Earth>Godzilla

Godzilla is one of the worst movies I've seen in a long long time.

I will not say that Godzilla is better/worse than that POS AE flick but it should be a crime to waste Bryan Cranston and Ken Watanaba the way they did in that film and have to make people have to deal with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as your  lame main characters.

I will not say that Godzilla is better/worse than that POS AE flick but it should be a crime to waste Bryan Cranston and Ken Watanaba the way they did in that film and have to make people have to deal with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as your  lame main characters.

That dude's voice really bugs me. I don't think he's a terrible actor but theres just something about his voice that I don't like.

tag the title with "contains spoilers" and have at it. it's not like a tv show that people follow week to week and may or may not be caught up on. you've either seen it or you haven't. and if you haven't, you really shouldn't be visiting star wars TFA threads if you're trying to avoid spoilers...