Out now: Sigur Ros - ( ) CLEAR vinyl limited to 4000

I just picked up a copy from a local store.

Side B sounds fine!

Overall, much fewer clicks and pops than my copy of 1st pressing.

Sound is fuller, not as thin, especially in the vocals.

Parts with high volume seem to be less distorted also. The end of #8 is still pretty harsh sounding but maybe that is just how the song is.

Surface noise wise, it's fairly clean. Not the best I've heard but it's a huge improvement from the 1st pressing, which had frequent pops that made me so sad. Some sides needed to be cleaned a lot to sound good. The packaging is pretty static-y. I could feel my hair rise when I took out the discs.

Dynamic range actually seem bigger than the digital versions I've been listening to. I cranked it up thinking the pressing was made quiet. Then the louder parts were really loud. I like it.

Edit: #1714/4000

just finished playing my new clear copy. First disc sounded great, second disc had some issues. Side C had some noticeable distortion and side D had quite a bit of surface noise, especially during the first half of the side. Cleaning didn't make it any better. I wonder if there's a way to get a replacement disc. I'm not even sure who to contact on this one. 

The second track leads (side 1 tho) with an intentional mess of noise that takes about a minute to fully fade. I'm wondering if this was the "surface noise". Mine is sounding great. A few minor dust/static crackles.

my copy has surface noise on side D. my side d doesn't have the second track on it, just the last song. so i don't think that's my issue. 

Am I missing a way to tell the side labels apart?  I'm just going by the deadwax.

I hate when they don't put at least a key to the image:side match on the album or insert somewhere. Too many 2xLPs in the post- genre do this. Use a light pencil to mark "A" and I'm good thereafter. Part of the pretentiousness of my favorite genre. And they can't even Title the dang album.

My copy sounds flawless. No surface noise, no distortion.

Providence smiled on me as well!  :)  

My turn: 

#354/4000  Bullmoose picked out a real loser jacket for me though, smashed corner and a nice crease. (Mailer is corner protector fold-over style, flawless).

Production:  Flimsy jacket, inner sleeve splits, very light wax, suprised at how cheaply done this release was..................but.............it's the sound that counts, and I'm pleasantly relieved. Whew!

Is anyone elses vinyl look dirty? This doesnt look "clear" at all. Yellowy with black streaks here and there. Sounds great though.

My copy is also yellowy. No streaks of black that I've noticed...probably from the presses not being cleaned completely. I have a few other releases on "clear" that is only translucent with occasional streaks of black.

The clearest vinyl I own is the Julia Holter - Loud City Song http://www.discogs.com/Julia-Holter-Loud-City-Song/release/5175457. It's beautiful and crystal clear. But one of the discs on that copy also has some streaks of black. It seems to happen fairly often.

My copy is also yellowy. No streaks of black that I've noticed...probably from the presses not being cleaned completely. I have a few other releases on "clear" that is only translucent with occasional streaks of black.

The clearest vinyl I own is the Julia Holter - Loud City Song http://www.discogs.com/Julia-Holter-Loud-City-Song/release/5175457. It's beautiful and crystal clear. But one of the discs on that copy also has some streaks of black. It seems to happen fairly often.

Woah had no idea there was a clear of Loud City Song! Fantastic record

I don't think it's uncommon to get colored vinyl with streaks of whatever color they ran before it if that copy was one of the first to be pressed.  

Mine was 2774 / 4000, and was like that. But I guess that doesn't matter, the discs could have been pressed first and then put in that numbered sleeve.

I just think that for a band and release this high profile, the press would have gotten a better treatment.

Cleaning the record machines is very money and time-consuming. The plant would have to squeeze in empty runs (something like 200-250 units as far as I know) in order to get rid of all residue from the previous pressing. We all know pressing plants are hard to come by these days, so they scoop the cost for an empty run to the client, who then let's the costumer pay extra.

Cleaning the record machines is very money and time-consuming. The plant would have to squeeze in empty runs (something like 200-250 units as far as I know) in order to get rid of all residue from the previous pressing. We all know pressing plants are hard to come by these days, so they scoop the cost for an empty run to the client, who then let's the costumer pay extra.

Ah. cool, that being said, I'm happy with the sound quality of this release.

On another note, I don't get this board. I said something that is my opinion. And I get 2 downvotes (not that I care)?

I'm here to learn, as well as to contribute. I guess this will get several downvotes as well. Sigh.

Ah. cool, that being said, I'm happy with the sound quality of this release.

On another note, I don't get this board. I said something that is my opinion. And I get 2 downvotes (not that I care)?

I'm here to learn, as well as to contribute. I guess this will get several downvotes as well. Sigh.

I think a lot of people get annoyed when people complain about the color of a record and get very picky about it.  That how a record sounds is most important.  

FYI, I didn't down vote you.  I'm just letting you know why you probably did.