ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

I'm sure it cost money to have these made, etc. 

That's what I love about music fans in general. Some of them actually believe that it's morally wrong if people make money off music. They seriously believe that they are not only entitled to the music they love, but in the format(s) they want, for as cheaply as possible, and that the people responsible for producing what they love should do it for free and live lives of poverty.

That's what I love about music fans in general. Some of them actually believe that it's morally wrong if people make money off music. They seriously believe that they are not only entitled to the music they love, but in the format(s) they want, for as cheaply as possible, and that the people responsible for producing what they love should do it for free and live lives of poverty.

That's great...except it has absolutely nothing to do with what people are talking about in this thread.

If Ross were involved in any way with the music he releases (other than getting the rights, sending a CD to Pirates Press, and keeping the release a secret from the band), this would be a constructive comment, but this thread reads as an essay on how he's a parasite to actual artists and music in general.

I guarantee it cost him way more than $200 to get it made....

for sure. if he had test presses already - then he must have put 60-70% of the money for a full-scale press down first.

I'd wager he had well over $1000 into the project by the time he had tests. That being said - I do wonder how much is refunded when a project is cancelled like that.

for sure. if he had test presses already - then he must have put 60-70% of the money for a full-scale press down first.

I'd wager he had well over $1000 into the project by the time he had tests. That being said - I do wonder how much is refunded when a project is cancelled like that.

But did they cancel or did the deal just not end up going through? No jumping to conclusions.

I guarantee it cost him way more than $200 to get it made....

I've tried to reduce my involvement in this thread, because it's just a sad subject. But I don't mind if dude is trying to recoup his initial costs - whatever. 

But there has to be some sort of clause in contracts for this type of thing right? It can't be "Hi Immortal I'm Ross and I'm going to invest some money in this record and now I have your approval. Yay!" Followed with Immortal saying, "Actually you can't release this and you have to suck up those costs." That's not how deals work if done right. There has to be some breach of contract there, or some awful contracts. We don't have the full story, but knowing how shady Ross is, there has to be more to this story.

I'm sure it cost money to have these made, etc. 

I still would have just given these to the band or the family. 

I could totally understand doing something like auctioning off test presses and having in whole or part of that money go to singers family or band or something, but this is scummy, shady bullshit. 

Ross?

Since insane people are still defending ross's actions, there are only a few possibilities of what happened here.

(1) Ross secured the rights to the record with the band/label. Contracts were signed. Production starts. Ross receives tests. Band/label says "sorry, if it's okay, we'd like you to not press the record. Please find it out of the goodness of your heart to forfeit the money you've spent. Go ahead and sell the test pressings secretly through message boards or to people you know for a lot of money but don't tell anyone about it. We want you to look like you're doing something illegal." You can figure out the rest.

(2) Ross starts the process before securing the rights. Ross didn't get the rights. Ross sells test presses. (maybe ross just really wanted one copy of the record, so he pressed 5 without rights to sell the other 4).

(3) Ross is in negotiation for rights with the band/label. Ross is sure everything will work out, so he jumps the gun and gets tests ordered. Band/label doesn't sign contract, calls it off. Ross feels dumb for spending the money without having contracts but realizes he has 5 test presses to sell on the black market.

(4) Ross secured the rights. Started the process but then the singer died. Decided to wait a bit to release it. But hey, might as well make some cash in the meantime. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it wasn't #1.

Since insane people are still defending ross's actions, there are only a few possibilities of what happened here.

(1) Ross secured the rights to the record with the band/label. Contracts were signed. Production starts. Ross receives tests. Band/label says "sorry, if it's okay, we'd like you to not press the record. Please find it out of the goodness of your heart to forfeit the money you've spent. Go ahead and sell the test pressings secretly through message boards or to people you know for a lot of money but don't tell anyone about it. We want you to look like you're doing something illegal." You can figure out the rest.

(2) Ross starts the process before securing the rights. Ross didn't get the rights. Ross sells test presses. (maybe ross just really wanted one copy of the record, so he pressed 5 without rights to sell the other 4).

(3) Ross is in negotiation for rights with the band/label. Ross is sure everything will work out, so he jumps the gun and gets tests ordered. Band/label doesn't sign contract, calls it off. Ross feels dumb for spending the money without having contracts but realizes he has 5 test presses to sell on the black market.

(4) Ross secured the rights. Started the process but then the singer died. Decided to wait a bit to release it. But hey, might as well make some cash in the meantime. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it wasn't #1.

Insane = Defending someone from wild accusations that are mostly based on speculation

Sane = Writing a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' book of wild guesses about what happened to continue your 80+ page forum witch hunt.

I don't know Ross, or care about whatever dumb shit he may or may not have done in the past. I just really enjoy watching you guys and your gay little 90's rock drama horse shit.

Carry on.

Insane = Defending someone from wild accusations that are mostly based on speculation

Sane = Writing a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' book of wild guesses about what happened to continue your 80+ page forum witch hunt.

I don't know Ross, or care about whatever dumb shit he may or may not have done in the past. I just really enjoy watching you guys and your gay little 90's rock drama horse shit.

Carry on.

This post brought to you by 2005 era slurs!

Carry on.

But you're the one resorting to homophobic language.

Carry on.

Go away

Carry on.

il_340x270.614859062_ho9k.jpg

its fucking 2015 and people still use the word "gay" to describe things?

Let's not forget raped and retarded. Cornerstones of bro talk

Carry on.

Gay.

I don't think you know what that word means sweetheart.