what genre of music do you collect/play the most?

Curious to know what people focus on here...

at first, for me, death and black metal were the big things. Things like Immolation's "Dawn of Possession" and early releases from Incantation, Monstrosity, Krisiun, etc.

I don't even listen to those records any more, really.

Lately, as a result of my renewed interest in the band Isis, I've been bit by the post-rock bug HARD. And I can't stop buying, haha.

First it was getting every Isis record on vinyl, and then going after new discoveries like Caspian, If These Trees Could Talk, Lights and Motion, sleepmakeswaves, and This Will Destroy You.

Currently listening to something that came in the mail yesterday - Joy Wants Eternity "The Fog Is Rising".

They're like This Will Destroy You mixed with Explosions in the Sky. They have the ambient chill pacing but more guitar-focused like Explosions In The Sky. I love this shit haha.

Curious to know what you guys collect and what you play most often?

I've been focused more on the Stoner Rock/Doom Metal/Desert Rock/etc. type of genre for the past few years i.e Sleep, Windhand, Monolord, QOTSA, Kyuss/Vista Chino and the like. Basically live bands with big sounds and high gain fuzz-driven guitars. I'm very particular about which bands from all genres I collect though. They really have to stand out for some reason. I like to score my records on black vinyl if its available.

I also listen to plenty of other genres too. Check my tradelist for my taste if you care to. Its a pretty good cross-section of what I like. I've got all the ISIS LP's on vinyl. Missing some of the early EP's due to scarcity and secondhand market prices.

I love Tom Waits from the early 80's on forward. I've got a bit of post-hardcore and post-rock/metal. Some underground Hip Hop. Dig some key Motown jams from way back. R.I.P. Ben E. King.

Almost forgot to mention key Trip-Hop/Turntablist classics by DJ Shadow and DJ Krush.

I have very specific interests:

Indie rock bands old enough to have a Geocities page but not quite new enough for MySpace.

American power pop bands from Southern California between 1978-1982.

Elvis Costello albums that involve the Attractions but not the Imposters, or the 80s.

Prewar folk music dealing exclusively with John Henry.

Canadian bands that got MuchMusic airtime in the 90s in spite of their weirdness.

The National's Sorrow (fortunately very popular these days).

Trap.

Hey Gumbo !

Another post-everything here but really shoegazing a lot the past couple yrs

How did you ever find JWE??

I email with their drummer who runs the Etsy store where you prob got The Fog Is Rising. Emory said they might be recording a movie soundtrack - need to check in with him on that.

Even the small postrock universe is enough to keep you busy and broke for the next 20 years

I have very specific interests:

Indie rock bands old enough to have a Geocities page but not quite new enough for MySpace.

American power pop bands from Southern California between 1978-1982.

Elvis Costello albums that involve the Attractions but not the Imposters, or the 80s.

Prewar folk music dealing exclusively with John Henry.

Canadian bands that got MuchMusic airtime in the 90s in spite of their weirdness.

The National's Sorrow (fortunately very popular these days).

Trap.

And yet no Tom Waits?  I thought I knew you, Raindogtrombone