PO: Beach House - Depression Cherry (Out Aug 28th)

This one reminds me of Devotion. Songs are less immediate (at least compared to Teen Dream and Bloom) but reveal themselves the more you listen.  I find them sticking in my head even though they seem like the just kind of float by without leaving much an impression (overall).  Their biggest jump was Devotion to Teen Dream, and it seems like they've pulled back a bit to avoid having to keep going bigger and brighter with DP.  I am down with that.  

That's kind of a cool process, not so much for collectors.

Not to mention only two copies were given away by SubPop. Don't know how many record stores received their one copy but wouldn't think it was more than 50. And the rest were shows which I think sold out in the first couple of shows.

The whole process drove me crazy but I won the lottery somehow

I really want to listen to this but I want to hold off on the leak. Hopefully they just start streaming it soon.

that wouldn't make much sense to me. I can totally understand people holding out until their physical copy arrives. but a stream has only disadvantages compared to a digital download (read: leak) if the quality is right (which is the case). Not criticizing you by any means, I just think if you can wait for the stream to drop you should probably hold out a bit longer until your record arrives before putting up with 128kb/s stream quality.

that wouldn't make much sense to me. I can totally understand people holding out until their physical copy arrives. but a stream has only disadvantages compared to a digital download (read: leak) if the quality is right (which is the case). Not criticizing you by any means, I just think if you can wait for the stream to drop you should probably hold out a bit longer until your record arrives before putting up with 128kb/s stream quality.

I got another warning letter from my ISP so Im taking extra precautions. Secondly, streams also help the band bring in some profit and its a good way to present numbers to their label and other people. If you X number of plays on multiple services then that can help open doors. 

I'm just hoping we get a Spotify stream/ and or digital download for those of us that preordered. For the most part, Spotify is pretty good about quality. I'll probably wait on my physical copy anyways.

• 4 weeks later...