Oh Mr. C Deep, you sir are wise. Agree 100 %, now I can go listen to Creed guilt free. (true story)

I got a Creed and Goo Goo Dolls CD for Christmas when I was like 9. Why the hate on them? I mean, the music isn't the best thing in the history ever, but it seems like there's a lot worse we could be dumping on. Isn't that what VC is all about?

On topic:

For me it's all about signal path and sound quality. So pressing digital music on an analog medium is silly. Pressing old pop-punk albums sucks because the recordings are usually sub-par to begin with and the labels pressing them don't put money into properly remixing or remastering them for the format appropriately (Thrice -- Artist In The Ambulance is a brilliant example). Pressing video game music is sincerely fucking wacky to me....8-16 bit digital bleeps and bloops pressed to an analog format....how many spins does shit like that get from the consumer? This isn't a hobby to me, this is a preferred format for listening to music that I love. I don't have great taste in music and I won't pretend to. I also happen to hate Sound Tracks (corporate mixtapes is what I call them). When major labels have money to throw around and press or repress bullshit releases from their back catalog with super shitty packaging and put really really high price tags on it and it has a negative impact (influencing the over-arching pricing scale for ALL releases) it happens to really really piss me off (currently dealing with this issue at work right now). They're also clogging up the pressing plants with this crap which ends up pushing quality releases further back in the cue. I can't wait for this whole damned thing to die back down so I can get decent music at a decent price on a format I prefer.

Sincerely,

Christopher Lynn Birdwell