Deafheaven - New Bermuda

That black/white swirl looks too sweet. I honestly have no idea which variant to buy. Shipping from the UK there's the black/white, plain black deluxe, translucent green, violet deluxe...

Anyone know which one this is?

https://instagram.com/p/8QnYUqOOd4/

If the green/white came in the deluxe sleeve, I'd get that. OPTION PARALYSIS.

those look like the white/trans green (500) & white/solid pink (500) euro variants. those and the white/black indie exclusive look the coolest to me, but none come in the deluxe jacket.

very satisfied with getting the green/white. I'm assuming the euro vinyl wasn't delayed so that's why those versions are shipping already

Firm 9s across the board so far.  Having finally sat down with the album, it's tough for me to disagree at this point.  I can see why you guys would enjoy this more than Sunbather.  Not that Sunbather screws anything up in my books, but New Bermuda is doing a lot of things right, right out of the gates (for me).  It's just a whole different animal.  The lack of interludes make it feel a lot more streamlined and engaging, I think.  Can't wait to revisit it over the next few weeks and familiarize myself with all the nuances.

Firm 9s across the board so far.  Having finally sat down with the album, it's tough for me to disagree at this point.  I can see why you guys would enjoy this more than Sunbather.  Not that Sunbather screws anything up in my books, but New Bermuda is doing a lot of things right, right out of the gates (for me).  It's just a whole different animal.  The lack of interludes make it feel a lot more streamlined and engaging, I think.  Can't wait to revisit it over the next few weeks and familiarize myself with all the nuances.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Finally had the time to give this two proper listens. I agree with what most of you guys said. In my opinion, the pop segments (like the closing part of Come Back) get just the exact balance between genuine awesomeness and ironic reference to bands like Oasis, as was said before. Also, there seem to be a few nods to their own music here and there. For example from 4:00 on in the track Gifts to the Earth: it sounds quite similar to a certain riff from Sunbather. I can't figure out at the moment what song and part it exactly is, but it definitely is reminiscent, and I love when bands do that while still keeping the new stuff genuine.

Seeing the EU presses pop up at people's doorsteps makes me hope I'll see mine as well in a short while :-)

Hadn't we concluded that the pink and green (and yellow) euro pressings weren't deluxe and did not enclude the embossing? Because Sargeant House posted on Deafheavens picture of the green and pink that "all these color variants are deluxe and limited".

this has me wondering as well. Could be that SH is referring to the overall pressing as "deluxe" like most labels do when there is actually a normal pressing at hand. Because vinyl.

so I've listened to this album 6 times w/ the exception of come back which I've listened to like 24 times....

My favorite two tracks are Baby Blue and Come Back, and if it wasn't for the ending of Gifts for the Earth, I wouldn't like that song at all - but I'm sure that will change more in time.

it's so good!