Deafheaven - New Bermuda

Third listen right now after the first two failed miserably. I turned this thing off at work yesterday because it annoyed the shit out of me.

Today it feels like I'm listening to a different album.. because it rules hard. I must've been in a really bad listening mood the last two days..

Just listened to this album again in its entirety in the gym and I have to say it's absolutely perfect. I have no criticism of it. I'm not looking to tear it I apart, or nit-pick, just enjoy it. I think most people forget that music ultimately is meant to be enjoyed, and it delivers on that greatly.

When listening to the opener I felt like I was headed towards a storm with high hopes of success and the album continued to make me feel like the battle was hopeless and worthless but towards the end light starts to shine through the clouds and made me feel that no matter how hard a struggle there is, at the end it will always be worth it regardless of personal change or growth. The piano ending left me with the feeling that I had overcome something dark and troubling, with optimism for the future.

When listening to the opener I felt like I was headed towards a storm with high hopes of success and the album continued to make me feel like the battle was hopeless and worthless but towards the wend light starts to shine through the clouds and made me felt that no matter how hard a struggle there is, at the end it will always be worth it regardless of personal change or growth. The piano ending left me with the feeling that I had overcome something dark and troubling, with optimism for the future.

Cool story, bro. 

Ha!

Just kidding. That is a very colorful way of describing how you hear the album. I like it. It's definitely a record that winds and meanders throughout and you're not quite sure where you'll end up and what sense to make of it. 

When listening to the opener I felt like I was headed towards a storm with high hopes of success and the album continued to make me feel like the battle was hopeless and worthless but towards the end light starts to shine through the clouds and made me feel that no matter how hard a struggle there is, at the end it will always be worth it regardless of personal change or growth. The piano ending left me with the feeling that I had overcome something dark and troubling, with optimism for the future.

What were you on when you heard the album, and where can I buy some?

It's not as good as sunbather but I don't think this album is that big of a departure. I like/respect that they went heavier and darker when they could have easily gone the opposite. Album rules.

its definitely better than sunbather IMO, i couldn't listen to sunbather straight through and found it boring at times. I feel like this is more refined similar to organized chaos.