Deafheaven - New Bermuda

Cant help but grin at that intro riff on Luna.

*Dang this whole track owns hard.

That little Veil of Maya style riff at 2:59 is a little jarring but that whole track is sweet.

Nothing matches Baby Blue though, that whole song is so great and that ending throw back to Sunbather is perfect.

I am a few minutes into Baby Blue now. Digging too much

That solo at the beginning is crazy good.

So I guess this album is pretty good or something?  Gonna' wait, but all of your reactions have me rather excited.

Just do yourself a favor and listen to it. The rest of the record is nothing like the first two singles and in a league of its own.

That was really fucking great. Luna is definitely the favorite for me, but I have to echo sentiments expressed by others that Gifts for the Earth is a pretty epic close.

I also managed to nab the band exclusive purple vinyl; they have 100 copies here for the UK: http://sargenthouse.awesomedistro.com/artists/deafheaven

Happy that I have a copy with the deluxe packaging to go with my KRM EU green copy. This is the first time I have bought 2 copies of the same album... My wallet prays the variant collecting bug stays at bay, for now...

I also managed to nab the band exclusive purple vinyl; they have 100 copies here for the UK: http://sargenthouse.awesomedistro.com/artists/deafheaven

Happy that I have a copy with the deluxe packaging to go with my KRM EU green copy. This is the first time I have bought 2 copies of the same album... My wallet prays the variant collecting bug stays at bay, for now...

Arg, so tempting but I've already spent so much this month. That said, I know £25 is going to look like a bargain for this in a few months. Arg.

It's always interesting to read what someone's favorite track is.  Gifts of the Earth is my least favorite track on the record, but seems to be a favorite for others.  I like the more aggressive songs, Baby Blue is probably my favorite, though Luna is a close second.  That drummer really makes this record, imo.

This album just goes. It seems to have a bit of everything in it for everyone. Baby Blue and Gifts for the Earth are the standouts for me on this one. I almost feel like Deafheaven teamed up with Interpol to write Gifts for the Earth. 

Can't wait for the record to show up at my door. Imma wear out my needle spinning this one. 

Just started the album stream. For some reason, I'm finally really liking Brought To The Water. I think it just takes a few listens to finally "get" what the band is aiming for with certain passages and energy spectra. This is a great fucking song. I get it now, I even like some of the solo. I hated the solo before. Weird.

Can't wait to get to the rest of the album.

Edit: oh man, I was fully expecting to hate this album, but holy shit... this is fucking tremendous shit.

Baby Blue, FTW. Good lord, what a track. Luna, too. Baby Blue's first like 4-5 minutes are fucking legit, before they get to that chugging thrash groove. Not a big fan of this section, honestly, but whatever. I guess it'll be their "mosh groove".