Secret Santa 2015? Bueller?

well if it doesn't exist till after, maybe you should probably sit this one out. there's a reason there's a due date to send. years ago when we had a more lax approach, only about half got their gifts before xmas. the rest started showing up in january and february, and a few never arrived. sorry.

I said after Thanksgiving, not after New Year's man.

As before. If you're stumped on what to get your SS, you can always reach out to another VCer who you knows interacts with them and do some digging.

I do this every year. I always get people who are into completely different music from me, so I message someone more familiar w/ the genre for recommendations.

I said after Thanksgiving, not after New Year's man.

due dates for sending are well before thanksgiving so everyone gets their stuff out before the holiday rush. just in case shit takes fooooorreeeeveeerrrr or gets lost or before someone goes out of town for the weekend..

also (for everyone) please do not write a address where you won't be around the time of shipping.. we had someone move and put down the old address. some gifts that were sent out were date and location sensitive. they kinda went to waste. 

Also, if you don't have a want list or spreadsheet with your music library or something, start making one now. its a requirement.

Also, there won't be any overseas transactions this year unless there is someone in your region. Sorry, but the shipping costs are way to costly. 

What if we add on the application/ form a place to list 3 things we love. That way it leaves it open to be creative but gives us an idea what to get

i can add that to the application form.. Great idea... thanks.  normally we do it in posts, but that's a sure fire way that someone does it.

I'm getting excited about this!

I've been in nearly 30 reddit gift exchanges and they've all turned out pretty well.  There was only one vinyl exchange (which I somehow missed...) but they all went without a hitch.  I got shafted on two of them, but regifters came out of the woodwork to save the day.

From these experiences, I've learned it's about the giving.  I get a rush when I'm trying to find the perfect gift for someone.  The whole process of stalking them and watching them in their sleep finding out what they like is the best part of the experience!