PO: David Bowie - Blackstar - Jan. 8, 2016

gmoney

But you still wound up getting one from another store? Whenever I'm able to actually use the form to reserve one in the store I wake up the next morning to e-mails saying the item isn't in stock. So aggravating.

Yeah i got lucky. Kind of a bummer because ive always liked going to the store that screwed me over. Their database for inventory definitely needs improving. I bought the other store's only copy and it stayed showing as being in stock for another 12 hours

I had an employee take my reserved copy. 100% convinced. I had reserved it online at a store and then called twenty minutes before the store opened. One guy (who said he didnt work the music section) had it in hand and read the damn sticker to me even. Confirmed it was clear and that it was definitely mine per the reservation i made. Left my name taped to it. Another employee calls me back ten minutes later and said that they never got any copies so my reservation was cancelled. Said the guy earlier was "confused". Manager refused to help me. Ended up with one from another store so im done shopping at the other one.

I would've gone into the store and called out both employees, demanding someone confess to lying, then I would complain to their superior. But I make people take accountability for shit.

Who said anything about making a scene? You politely ask for a manager, explain the situation, and the manager will most likely give enough of a fuck to do something about it.

You're asking a lot from a store manager, who probably listens to nothing buy complaints all day. Nothing would have been done most likely.

I would've gone into the store and called out both employees, demanding someone confess to lying, then I would complain to their superior. But I make people take accountability for shit.

Eh nothing i can do. I didnt even remember their names but im sure the manager knew. The initial rage makes you want to leave work early and go yell at every male employee there but the store manager was zero help on the phone and didnt care one bit about fixing it or checking things out. Either way i wasnt getting their clear copy anymore. Like i said i'll call their higher ups maybe. Im just glad i found one.

I actually just got a clear this morning from BN. 2 days ago the store in Flint, MI showed it in stock. I reserved it but got an email saying that they didn't have any. I also called them and they said they didn't have it. But It was still showing on their website last night so i tried reserving it again. Got an email this morning that it was being held, called to confirm. An hour drive later it was mine. So keep trying!

I actually just got a clear this morning from BN. 2 days ago the store in Flint, MI showed it in stock. I reserved it but got an email saying that they didn't have any. I also called them and they said they didn't have it. But It was still showing on their website last night so i tried reserving it again. Got an email this morning that it was being held, called to confirm. An hour drive later it was mine. So keep trying!

I tried that everyday with my store, but they never had it in stock. I drove out there yesterday and asked, and they said it has not been in stock since the weekend. They also said they can't even order it anymore, since the distro is out. Hopefully people have better luck than me, but just know that their inventory system sucks.

Its funny how this thread was 2 pages before his death, now it blew up with "all these longtime Bowie fans" who are only interested in a limited variant................................................................Now if only I could figure out what is going on

Looks like the whole board has caught a nasty case of the Kess.