I Hate The Beatles

I do plenty of that. The point is to address the reaction I get when I tell people that I hate The Beatles. I don't understand why people are so offended by that statement or can't possibly understand how I could feel that way.

I mean...who cares? Are you just running around muttering "I hate The Beatles,"  under your breath, and then people get offended? My dislike of The Beatles comes up very rarely in life.

I mean...who cares? Are you just running around muttering "I hate The Beatles," under your breath, and then people get offended? My dislike of The Beatles comes up very rarely in life.

This. All I need is the White album but I don't go around complaining about the rest of their catalog.

Au contraire, I believe the naivete resides with those who can't possibly fathom why I would shit on such a sacred cow.

By no means should you be forced to enjoy the Beatles, but you could at least respect what they did for pop music. Though I suppose I shouldn't argue nativity with anyone nearing their 50s, complaining to strangers via the Internet.

Au contraire, I believe the naivete resides with those who can't possibly fathom why I would shit on such a sacred cow.

you express a level of hatred that i dont reserve for vary many things (i.e. "i could never date or marry a beatles fan"), so if you go around expressing that level of contempt, maybe people are just worried that you have an unnecessary degree of feelings on this matter in general, maybe you would get the same response if you replaced hate with love

Real talk tho: every "innovation" The Beatles made would have happened anyways.

They were just in the right place at the right time.

I disagree, that lennon/mccartney songwriting is unmatched, they experimented with so many styles, studio techniques, instuments, and time signature changes,  happiness is a warm gun's song structure was unheard of at the time, and even bands like DEP don't get as mathy as that song. I don't think any other band could have accomplished that. Say what you want about Ringo, they deserve more praise than they get

I mean...who cares? Are you just running around muttering "I hate The Beatles,"  under your breath, and then people get offended? My dislike of The Beatles comes up very rarely in life.

The Beatles fans do get a bit excited when they find out I don't like them.  But that wouldn't happen if my wife would just stop bringing it up in conversation.  She thinks its funny.

I'm not a huge fan of the Beatles but I would never say they suck or anything...never go out of my way to listen to them but I get how important of an impact they have had on music....

On the other hand...Wings are a terrible terrible band and Band on the run makes my ears want to commit suicide...

The Beatles are and will forever be the greatest rock band in history. No other musical act has had the flawless run they did in such a short time, which influenced a huge chunk of popular music that came after them. It's hard to imagine anyone thinking they're offensively bad to the point where it affects their life.

Talking about how you how much you hate The Beatles is like talking about how much you hate Star Wars or pro sports or boy bands or God. Anytime something reaches a certain level of cultural saturation, there will always be plenty of contrarians looking to throw rocks at the throne. It's fine to not like them, but you're certainly not unique in doing so. As others have said, we're probably at the point where it's pretty hip to hate the Beatles. Personally, if I encounter something I truly dislike, I let out a low sigh and move onto something I can enjoy. To devote significant energy towards hating something is to concede to it the importance that you resent it for having in the minds of others.

I can think of quite a few flaws the Beatles had. See: most of the stuff on the White Album. I love the Beatles but ugh, stuff like Piggies, Why Don't We Do It In the Road?, Birthday. Pretty much evey McCartney song on there I can't stand. I don't even think they had a single flawless album personally. They are still a band that I can't fathom someone actually disliking though. They are great.