USPS Rates Increasing Jan. 17, 2016

Of some interest to probably most of us here...

Looks like it's mainly Priority/Priority Express and First Class postage that will be seeing an increase, Media Mail rate most likely will remain the same. Still, our wallets could end up hurting this year a little more than we were already expecting.

http://blog.stamps.com/2015/10/22/usps-announces-postage-rate-increase-starts-january-17-2016/

Wow, this part means that I am pretty much done with ordering records from the US:

First Class Package International Service postage rates will increase by an average of 21.6% in 2016, however Commercial Base and Plus prices will remain the same next year. The average price increases by pound are:

Sucks big time, even more so because they just raised their prices what, 2-3 years ago?

Wow, this part means that I am pretty much done with ordering records from the US:

First Class Package International Service postage rates will increase by an average of 21.6% in 2016, however Commercial Base and Plus prices will remain the same next year. The average price increases by pound are:

Sucks big time, even more so because they just raised their prices what, 2-3 years ago?

Blame the Republicans forcing them to prefund their retirement programs 20 years in advance.

Yes, I think the last international increase was 3 years ago. This will kill my international Discos business. It's not much now because it's do expensive. Probably just going to stop shipping internationally because of this.

damn. they changed priority 2 day already to priority 1-3 day lol. now theyre charging more for it too. lame.

they rarely ever got those packages anywhere they needed to be in 2 days, too. in any other occupation they'd have to focus on meeting the 2 day deadline, not changing it where they have a grace period.

You Canadians need to start smuggling record into the country, and selling them on the street. Only way to stick it to the man!

Is UPS/Fed Ex from the US to Canada more expensive? That can still be an option, not a great one, but an option.

USPS workers here need to be upvoting those pro-Republican posts/comments here then, right?  right?? Only the pro-Democrat posts got upvoted. What's up postal workers? :rolleyes:   (i vote independent / libertarian fwiw)

or... USPS workers and their pensions vs. international record collectors pissed about higher rates: cage match. Go! :ph34r:

USPS has been the same or more expensive than Canada Post (for to/from Can/USA) since the last price hike around a year or two ago. This will clearly put USPS over the top.

Fed Ex can sometimes be cheaper initially, but from my experience, 100% of the time using this service guarantees hefty customs fees internationally.

I want to work at USPS, but they are never hiring around here :(.

As inconvenient as it might be, they'd save more money by getting rid of Saturday delivery and closing the offices on Saturdays too.

I want to work at USPS, but they are never hiring around here :(.

As inconvenient as it might be, they'd save more money by getting rid of Saturday delivery and closing the offices on Saturdays too.

I don't know many people who are able to get to the post office between 9 am and 5pm as it is. Without Saturday... I'd literally never use USPS again.