PO Now: Every Time I Die- Low Teens [9/23/16]

ETID.jpg

Why can't I find...what do you call...advanced post or advanced reply, something like that, where I can preview my reply without submitting it.  Am I blind or is it gone?  It's a small picture, is that classified as a thumbnail...?  I tried to get it full size, but anyways ETID announced it officially today.

Edited by verb1999

ETID does a lot of these annoying tours but if it that's what it takes to keep them relevant then so be it.  Let's face it - a ton of the bands they came up with either faded away or broke up, so the fact they are still chugging away at this pace is commendable. Supporting bands like Beartooth and playing Warped allows them to continuously find younger fans that otherwise may have never discovered them.  Just look at Norma Jean - when I saw them on the O' God tour in Philly they played for maybe 150 people.  They used to be just as popular as ETID in the early 2000's, in my opinion, but their touring didn't do anything to further their career over the last decade or so.   They still put out quality music, but it's not getting to the right ears.  ETID could easily pull in a crowd 5 times the size of that if they announced a headlining date in Philly.  I could be way off base, but I think that is largely in part to how smart they've been with their touring arrangements.

23 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

ETID does a lot of these annoying tours but if it that's what it takes to keep them relevant then so be it.  Let's face it - a ton of the bands they came up with either faded away or broke up, so the fact they are still chugging away at this pace is commendable. Supporting bands like Beartooth and playing Warped allows them to continuously find younger fans that otherwise may have never discovered them.  Just look at Norma Jean - when I saw them on the O' God tour in Philly they played for maybe 150 people.  They used to be just as popular as ETID in the early 2000's, in my opinion, but their touring didn't do anything to further their career over the last decade or so.   They still put out quality music, but it's not getting to the right ears.  ETID could easily pull in a crowd 5 times the size of that if they announced a headlining date in Philly.  I could be way off base, but I think that is largely in part to how smart they've been with their touring arrangements.

I agree with this. Just bugs me that they unfortunately may have to do this as they are better than 100% of bands they open for. But it is a good strategy 

47 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

Agreed

On 8/16/2016 at 8:22 AM, hallowken78 said:

with NJ you could maybe argue that lineup changes hurt peoples perspective of the band (not to suggest thats fair since NJ is still writing pretty decent music). nobody from the bless the martyr days is left though and only cory is left from the o'god - meriodional era. chris day seemed to just disappear shortly after wrongdoers came out. ETID has had lineup changes too but the core of the band has remained consistent (plus jordon and andy are riff machines). 

Edited by mattisr1984

I think their last album is my favorite but I like the first two singles off this one as much as anything off the last I think. The new one is growing on me, it just kind of sounds like a Foo Fighters song at the beginning. 

Not exactly like Foo, I guess like Foo Fighters if they were a decent band or something.

1 hour ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

I think their last album is my favorite but I like the first two singles off this one as much as anything off the last I think. The new one is growing on me, it just kind of sounds like a Foo Fighters song at the beginning. 

Not exactly like Foo, I guess like Foo Fighters if they were a decent band or something.

Also until you said it, I didn't hear the Foo like qualities. Definitely hear it on second listen. Doesn't make me hate it though.

2 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

it finishes strong

^ Agree. Several ETID songs in their discography that I listened through for that ending riff. Not ashamed to admit that. 

9 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Link to the story behind the song and, according to Keith, "99 percent" of the album...

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7487649/exclusive-lyric-video-every-time-i-die-c-love-will-get-you-killed

great article, with "99%" of lyrics being about the situation with keiths wife and daughter, this album is going to wreck me, as I have a wife/daughters and couldn't imagine going through that. also didn't realize there were guest vocalist...

Deadguy’s Tim Singer on “Fear and Trembling" and Panic at the Disco’s Brendon Urie on "It Remembers".