PO: Danzig - Black Laden Crown /600 Orange

It was a blind(10% chance I'll like it) buy. I can't listen to the track at work, but everything I'm reading about it sounds like the mix of the initial song is horrible. Hopefully it's not the final mix, but not holding my breath. I also just read that he did record an Elvis covers album. Hopefully that album cover will be him dressed in a sequined white jumpsuit wearing water skis and jumping over a shark.

13 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

After much consideration and thought on this, I've determined that it's in case her nipples get hard. 

Yeah thats what I figured too. But why not just let them be squished?

Can we get some blacksmiths and doctors in here to figure this out?

12 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

This thread really speaks volumes on how seriously people take their new Danzig music. I love the Misfits and I'll take his first solo album, but he kind of lost me after that. Even when I was a 14 y/o emo-goth type (gemoth) I was like "wut?"

I listened through the 4th album but the first two are definitely best. I like them equally. 

I started listening to the song on YouTube. Fucking terrible. Really lame riffing and unnecessarily long intro before those vocals and the terrible mixing became obvious. Holy shit. But again, I haven't listened to anything of his past 1994 so I wasn't expecting to enjoy it.

I did a blind buy here. "Was" a huge fan of his first 4 Danzig albums; never got into anything after that. But saw this as limited and decided to give it a shot. New single is alright but the vocals are poorly mixed and the album cover sucks! Get back to putting some dark demonic drawing (like Danzig 3), and not some silly cartoon.

Edited by chicomak

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got the vinyl this week. The cover was horrible with the cartoonish woman with blood and fire...but the back cover is a painting of cartoonish Danzig. I laughed so hard! At least the inside gatefold has a good real life picture, looking more morbid, as well the inner sleeve. Check out pics on Discogs:

https://www.discogs.com/Danzig-Black-Laden-Crown/release/10349487

as for the songs, I still need to listen to this front to back.