VinylMario

Extreme Metal Releases and Pre-orders

The record is caled "Posthumous Humiliation" so I saw it as an artistic choice, and one that I thought validated the gore. It really brings "Posthumous Humiliation" home and forces you to confront the meaning right off the bat. That being said, I think I'm just getting too old for this shit.

The coverart is bad but look at how they didn't even bother to contrast the white of 'Pissgrave' logo on the right with the background of the (ridiculous) image. The thing is, to make something shocking it doesn't take anything more than a quick google search - that image is readily available if you disable SafeSearch.

But then taking that image and overlaying a non-contrasted logo that is unreadable is just lazy and rubs me the wrong way. At least on their last LP the logo was black and you could read it! 

Hopefully the music is good because 'shocking' just doesn't cut it anymore...

LOL. Wow so much whining about the cover art.  Have you guys seen the cover art for their first record? 

Or maybe literally every Cannibal Corpse record cover? Or Autopsy record covers? Or Brujeria's cover of a severed head?

It's death metal 

Edited by JohnMatrix

34 minutes ago, JohnMatrix said:

LOL. Wow so much whining about the cover art.  Have you guys seen the cover art for their first record? 

Or maybe literally every Cannibal Corpse record cover? Or Autopsy record covers? Or Brujeria's cover of a severed head?

It's death metal 

Mayhem? That Numenorean album?

19 hours ago, coreystevens88 said:

I'm just glad the black vinyl only and artwork are keeping people away...

Personally, I wish more bands went to such lengths to keep posers away.

"off-colour" comment  :ph34r:  not to mention "weird flex"

HISSING's "Permanent Destitution" was the best metal album put out last year, btwimo.

11 hours ago, JohnMatrix said:

It's death metal 

I don't mind things like when they're paintings.

Also, last CC cover right here....

32393.jpeg

But Cannibal Corpse gets grandfathered in.

Edited by Battra

Krallice just dropped a new ep

https://krallice.bandcamp.com/album/wolf-ep

A bit more death/doom influenced  than I am familiar with (admittedly I am multiple albums behind with these guys) digging it.

That intro on the first track:wub:

Edited by 2notepockets