Best Deal You've Ever Gotten / Best Sale You've Ever Made

Nabbed an unopened first press of Pearl Jam Ten for $25 a few years ago.

Got a copy of NIN The Slip from my local shop for $15 about 2 years ago.

Got a complete copy of Mars Volta Noctourniquet for $25 about a year ago (going for over $100).

Got a new copy of one of the more recent White Album reissues for $1.

Bought one of the 3xLP Nirvana In Utero Anniversary reissues and they sent me two, so I sold the second one.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Damn, that couldn't have worked out better for you.  I'd love a $400 sale to fall into my lap like that.  I wonder if your buyer loses sleep over the initiative he took... that's got to sting a little bit.

Lol yeah I was very happy to se the repress but immediately felt bad for that guy in this case

27 minutes ago, ZeroNowhere said:

Lol, I can’t believe you wrote that much AND 1). Expect me to read it.  2).  Expect me to care.  Move on, little fella.  I can see I struck a nerve the other night and it’s still eating at you.  Stop, move on, and get your +1’s somewhere else.

It’s almost like being a comically aggressive piece of shit on 2 separate occasions will get you called out twice.  Whoa. 😮

If you did read it you’d realize I predicted exactly what you’d do and how you’d react.  Which is why continually I insist that you’re a boring troll and do nothing but support the claim.  I’m well aware that reading intimidates you, and the reading you do bother with somehow triggers you 90% of the time.  I do not envy your brain’s capacity.  Get help.

But way to keep bloating up your post count.  Keep adding those +1s. 🥴

13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Oh I forgot to add, I bought that Tame Impala Currents 1st Aussie press for $50 with the 4 lenticulars. Sold the lenticulars only for $200 straight up before the vinyl even arrived. 

That’s a nice profit on such a snoozer of an album.  FOMO is a hell of a thing.

26 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Lol yeah I was very happy to se the repress but immediately felt bad for that guy in this case

I think most of us have been there at least once, unfortunately.  Luck of the draw sometimes.

This past December I saw a copy of Hop Along - Painted Shut in a new arrival used section at a record store with an $8 sticker. I assumed it would be black, but peeked inside and saw that it was the white with pink haze variant, the only color variant that there is of this record. Instantly bought. Looks like it has sold on Discogs for 90, and the two copies for sale are 150 and 175.

57 minutes ago, ZeroNowhere said:

The blathering continues.  And you get another +1.  Good job, Derek.  I don't take anything you say seriously because I don't take you as a human seriously, so you can stop.  There was no need to respond to my post here, but you did, with a long winded blah, blah, blah, blah bullshit Derek post.  Where the fuck do you get the time to sit and write that shit?  And why?  Especially to me when you should know by now that I don't give a fuck about anything you say.  Unreal.  

For claiming to not care about anything I say, you sure do have a lot to respond with, time and time again.   You’re truly insufferable, dude – it’s really no wonder your then-wife flew across the country to shit on you. How’s that for not being taken seriously as a human?  Try contributing something to the thread or get the fuck out already, you walking meme of a 40 year-old.

7 minutes ago, instrumentality said:

This past December I saw a copy of Hop Along - Painted Shut in a new arrival used section at a record store with an $8 sticker. I assumed it would be black, but peeked inside and saw that it was the white with pink haze variant, the only color variant that there is of this record. Instantly bought. Looks like it has sold on Discogs for 90, and the two copies for sale are 150 and 175.

I feel bad because a good buddy missed out on that variant and I assured him it’d be an easy find on Discogs, eventually.  The band really seemed to take off around that time and proved me dead wrong.  I can’t believe anyone is asking that much for it these days.  $8 is an unbelievable deal.

Not really a smoking hot deal, but Brand New’s TDAG was a record I was determined to collect all variants for, back in the day.  Over the years I held onto a lot of the copies while finding myself less and less interested in being a completionist with variants.  I’ve parted ways with all but 2 copies and suffice to say, it’s been pretty lucrative.  Definitely an album worth going balls-to-the-wall with.

8 minutes ago, ZeroNowhere said:

+1.  You just don't know when to stop, do you?  You're like a fucking puppy that won't go away.  Who hurt you?

Let's recount how this started.  You rolled into this thread.  Unprovoked, wrote a fucking novel about how I'm this terrible person bragging about something that I was stoked on, then go on to call me the troll while noting I need help.  Lol.  Pot, this is the kettle calling. 

Derek, you're nothing but a worthless punk who thinks you own this place.  Guess what?  You don't.  I'm not going anywhere, so if you don't like my opinions on records and other things, eat shit, scroll on, and stop being a little bitch.  I didn't start anything today, it was all provoked by you, so I'm telling you again, stop.  Fuck off, dick.  

Sheesh dude, how do you have time to sit there and write paragraph after paragraph?  Please stay on topic.

Just now, ZeroNowhere said:

+1

I've been on topic, you're the fuck face that came in here and derailed the thread.  Again, stop responding and trying to start shit.  I've asked you to stop countless times. 

Your lack of reading comprehension never fails to amaze me.  Barring my last post, all of my contributions to this thread have contributed to the topic.  You, however, have made one topical reply and then proceeded to be nothing but triggered and nasty.  Highly recommend you step away from the keyboard and breathe a bit, my man.  Keep up that temper and you’re gonna’ get the thread locked.  There’s genuinely no need for it.

Everyone is tired of reading our squabbling.  PM me if you have anything further to say; I’m down to keep laughing about your life choices and tilt you even more, but everyone else is sick of it and we’re in this thing well past the point of cringe. Otherwise, shut up and back out the thread already.  Enough is enough.

Royal lmao at “fuck face” though.  If you said it with a stutter you’d be right on point with some spicy 4th grade trash-talk at the jungle gym.  It’s remarkable to me

that you aren’t required to wear a helmet in public at all times.

So no PM then?  No surprise there.  Imagine going through life ready to rage at every opportunity while simultaneously being spineless.  Yowza.

And yes.  Our.  It takes two to tango.  Surely you know that.  I “started it” [lol] by offering a suggestion to frame your post to come across like less of an asshole.  Constructive criticism since you really seem to struggle with that on the boards.  I didn’t think it would cause you to rage all day and veer this thread off topic.  You are a hopeless individual and you have my sympathy.

10 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

So, Ummm, Them Deals are Wildin or The Children's Crusade: A Duty-Dance with Squabbling 

By Kurt Vinylgets

“That Fuck Face Started It!”: Failing Internet Arguments, and Other Ways to Embarrass Yourself While Pushing 40.

Bought the hardback for $15.  Had the author sign it with his tears.  Sold it for $120.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

“That Fuck Face Started It!”: Failing Internet Arguments, and Other Ways to Embarrass Yourself While Pushing 40.

Bought the hardback for $15.  Had the author sign it with his tears.  Sold it for $120.

I wish I'd met KV. One of my biggest woes.

Hey Derek. What part of STOP dont you understand? You're the one who always has to have the last word. 

Dont respond to this. The people are telling you to STOP. So do just that. And Zero...

STOP egging his holier than thou attitude on. STOP being fucking children. Both of you. 

Go to your rooms. 

Sincerely,

Everyone. 

Edited by Satan

Man there are some crazy finds in this thread 😮

Best for me was while working at a record store several years ago. I worked with a guy who priced anything he didn't know for wicked cheap so I ended up with an og copy of Knapsack- This Conversation for $6 and a copy of Duster- Stratosphere for $3. Pretty sure he lost that store lots of potential profit, but he was an assistant manager so who was I to argue. Also talked my store manager into selling me an og copy of Ten for $5, as someone at the trade counter paid out $1 for it. 

11 hours ago, Derek™ said:

“Damaged” copies of Basinksi’s Disintegration Loops purchased in 2013 now sell for $500-$700.  Haven’t sold mine but it would’ve felt bad to miss that one.

I'm still mad I didn't jump on one of those. But primarily because of what they go for now. I had the original cds and knew that I'd probably never actually listen to it on vinyl so I talked myself out of it. Which is something I almost never do.

19 minutes ago, fish said:

I'm still mad I didn't jump on one of those. But primarily because of what they go for now. I had the original cds and knew that I'd probably never actually listen to it on vinyl so I talked myself out of it. Which is something I almost never do.

In all fairness it’s probably one of the boxsets I revisit the least, so that’s very understandable.  It’s cool for what it is but absolutely a “mood” or reflective kind of listen.  I’d assume a lot of people are just adamant to throw money at [or acquire ownership] of anything p4k rates a 10.  One of these days, in a year not too far off, I’ll realistically convince myself that I seldom spin it and sell it for a grand or something.

10 hours ago, kjkenney said:

Best for me was while working at a record store several years ago. I worked with a guy who priced anything he didn't know for wicked cheap so I ended up with an og copy of Knapsack- This Conversation for $6 and a copy of Duster- Stratosphere for $3. 

DAMN!

57 minutes ago, scottheisel said:

Copped an original press of Rival Schools' United By Fate LP on Island for $1.00 at an outdoor flea market.

Still kicking myself for not buying this at Amoeba, a few years back, for $16.

On 7/19/2020 at 2:36 PM, Derek™ said:

Wild.  I feel like I've made some nice sales over the years... but never within a week's time, and certainly not at that large of a profit.  Thanks for sharing.

Not everything has to be a competition on the internet.  Consider framing your posts in a different light sometime.  Cannonfunk shared a cool story that he started with a playful statement.  His response begins and ends with a smiling emoticon.  He's not beating his chest or trying to flex on all of us.  Starting a reply with "No, you don't." comes off as unnecessarily abrasive.  [vs. "Think I may have you beat, actually..." or "Not shabby at all.  But I can give you a run for your money..."]

Between this and you taking actual offense to the phrase "come at me" – used in jest, and aimed at no one in particular – I feel like you're maybe just bad at interpreting dialogue on the internet.  Not every discussion has to be a pissing match.  Not everyone is out to get you.  I'm not sure if you just enjoy rolling up your sleeves and pretending to be a tough guy online, or if your true demeanor is equally toxic when you step away from the keyboard... but it's bad news either way.  This part of my post was made to illustrate how others may perceive you as a dick – I don't expect you to actually take any of it to heart.  You are more than welcome to do your usual laugh-react, reply with something snide, and stew over it for the remainder of the day.  You've proven to be nothing if not a creature of habit and I don't expect that'd deviate from your tried-and-true rebuttals.

But I'm just saying that it was a cool experience that Cannonfunk shared.  I'm glad he posted it.  This thread isn't the Mortal Kombat tournament of flippers or profitable sales.  Instead of calling you a dick and triggering you to rage all afternoon, I'm explaining how and why you come across the way you do on the boards.

And as an aside, I would personally be impressed if you could net $1,460 from your stash of donated CDs.  Hardly calling it impossible.  Just stating that I'd be taken aback if you edged out the kind of profit that Cannonfunk scored.  I don't know if anyone in this thread will come close to that, realistically.  But as a reminder: there is no need to take it as a competitive challenge.  There's no way you'll EVER sell anything for the kind of profit that King Cannonfunk has set lol how's it feel to be a LOSER just roll over and take it you clearly know dick about landing a sale online lmao FLAWLESS VICTORY up in this thread haha get fucked you rookie-ass flipper.

spacer.png

OMG. This is fucking hilarious. I'm kind of sad that I missed all the drama. 

Signed, 

King Cannonfunk

I’d have to say my 3 best finds were saves the day “can’t slow down” on white for $30, beach house “bloom” GITD for free, and fleet foxes “helplessness blues” on white for free.

best sale...just sold a copy of the nationals “sad songs...” VMP pressing for $100, didn’t realize it was going for that much.