PO Now - Taylor Swift - 1989 (Taylor’s Version)

Not gonna lie...as of late, I've been feeling T-Swizzle Fatigue. It's been way too much. From the incessant everything of the Eras Tour to the onslaught of re-recordings back-to-back releases and merch...which I have not picked up anything anyways...it's just too much too quick.

I get it, strike while the iron is hot and whatnot, but c'mon. As my friend's Polish granny used to say in her broken English, "Too much is too much". 

• jhulud changed the title to PO Now - Taylor Swift - 1989 (Taylor’s Version)

Can someone explain to me the hype around Taylor Swift? 🤷‍♀️ For me she is the Metallica of Pop. Principle thing: 💰🤑💰 Not that this is new, but she brings it to a new level, from my point of view. Even in Europe she made it to the headlines because of exorbitant ticket prices. 

16 hours ago, WeAre821 said:

Can someone explain to me the hype around Taylor Swift? 🤷‍♀️ For me she is the Metallica of Pop. Principle thing: 💰🤑💰 Not that this is new, but she brings it to a new level, from my point of view. Even in Europe she made it to the headlines because of exorbitant ticket prices. 

I'm not really sure what you'd like explained to you. She is a very popular artist who is also pretty brilliant with her marketing. You either like her music or you don't. In the past, I really did not enjoy her music. Folklore changed that for me, and it made me look at her earlier work in a different way. They way she is handling the rollout of her releases is increasingly annoying me, but now I just hold back and don't buy anything immediately. There will surely be more variants and probably a signed version for every vinyl release.

19 hours ago, WeAre821 said:

How is calling her the Metallica of pop a bad thing. Metallica are the biggest metal band of all time and she is well at the moment anyway the biggest popstar in the world. If you don't like it then that's also cool, music is subjective but she is great at what she does, is pretty smart (except when  it comes to dating), writes her own music, is well respected by her peers and puts on an amazing 3 hour show.