The Walking Dead

mcm1610

I was pretty bored with this episode, although I'm not really even a fan of the show, I just watch it with my girl. I was bored when the Dr. started telling Beth about what it was like before and I was bored by the non-threatening cop lady. The season has been pretty good so far. This episode just didn't do it for me.

I'm pretty sure the Fresh prince of the hospital will be the one Darryl has with him when at the end of episode 3.

I didn't dislike the episode, I just don't really care enough about Beth to be really absorbed into a whole episode about her. There wasn't much at stake for me, you know?

The large cast really fucks with the shows pacing I think. This episode would be much more enjoyable when you could watch the episode before and after it in one viewing. It wouldn't seem like as much as a diversion. Maybe. I don't know. 

I didn't dislike the episode, I just don't really care enough about Beth to be really absorbed into a whole episode about her. There wasn't much at stake for me, you know?

The large cast really fucks with the shows pacing I think. This episode would be much more enjoyable when you could watch the episode before and after it in one viewing. It wouldn't seem like as much as a diversion. Maybe. I don't know. 

you're definitely correct. imo this has never been a show that really works week-to-week because of the lulls and split focuses that divert things for 2-3 episodes. i'd just wait and binge watch it if I could avoid spoilers.

I liked the episode but I just hope it doesn't take too long for the groups to come together again and it gets a little annoying to me when they have something like the end of last weeks episode and then this weeks episode doesn't help us learn who is emerging from the forest with Daryl. Next week more than likely won't wrap up that question as well but at least we will see some progress towards Washington

Watching through season 4 and passed the point where Beth got kidnapped after chowing down on pigs feet

And Maggie played dead waiting for Sasha and bob.

Like the season and looking forward to the two girls getting Tyrese killed..shoot I meant, for everyone to find Terminus

*backs away slowly to avoid spoilers*

I'm pretty sure the Fresh prince of the hospital will be the one Darryl has with him when at the end of episode 3.

That's Chris from Everybody Hates Chris, yo. Every time something bad happened to him in this episode I found myself humming "everybody ha-ates Chris." And I didn't hear him give his name in the episode, so I'm gonna be calling him Chris even though I know now that it's Noah.

I like Beth a lot since her big bout of characterization with Daryl last season. Before that, I couldn't stand her, but all of the shit that happened in season four really shaped her up. Anyway, I was sort of indifferent about this episode.

I feel that they tried too hard to push the "Cops trying to maintain law and order in a world without law and order" thing, though that may just be because I have no love for cops. Loved seeing Beth bash that one cunt in the head and leaving him to get eaten. In my opinion, this plot arc would have worked better with a military deployment - like the one the Governor massacred in season three (because that scene served no purpose if not to demonstrate that what fragments are left of the military are, in fact, still trying to maintain order this far into the apocalypse) - occupying the hospital instead of cops. I mean, really - actual cops, especially Atlanta cops, would have been looting and booking it out of there in the pilot episode. It also would have better served the idea of some totalitarian dick-tator keeping everyone in the hospital against their will, harking back to how it was quarantined and civilians were executed way back at the beginning of the show.

I dunno, just seems like a big missed opportunity to further characterize the world, not just the characters - who were very shitty characters, anyway. Except for Chris, and the girl who lost her arm. 

Also, fuck, I'm mad that Carol ended up in this hospital. Now that necessitates Beth staying there longer, and Daryl, Chris, and the rest of the group making a trek back to Atlanta just to kill some cops and save Beth and Carol. This could have been an interesting episode - a filler episode, still, but an interesting one - if Beth had escaped with Chris and Carol had wound up somewhere else. 

Is everyone thinking carol got injured and brought in to the hospital?  As soon as I saw I thought well what better way to get in then "letting" them take you in.

That's what I assumed as well. No way would Carol get hurt accidentally then somehow end up at the hospital. Only way to save Beth from that place is to be admitted yourself then escape together. Daryl and the guy who escaped can help and meet them on the outside. That's my prediction though, not sure if it will really go down that way. 

I don't think people are getting hurt by accident. I'm thinking these "cops" single out weak looking people that they believe could help them out in the long haul. They then knock them unconscious, injure them some way, and feed them the bs story at the hospital when they come to.

Is everyone thinking carol got injured and brought in to the hospital?  As soon as I saw I thought well what better way to get in then "letting" them take you in.

Holy shit, I didn't even think about that. She looked so beat up I figured something must have happened when she was out with Daryl, but this idea actually makes a lot of sense. I guess we'll just have to wait until next week to see!

I don't think people are getting hurt by accident. I'm thinking these "cops" single out weak looking people that they believe could help them out in the long haul. They then knock them unconscious, injure them some way, and feed them the bs story at the hospital when they come to.

Also very possible. What happened to Beth at that funeral home was never really explained, and I thought it would end up having something to do with Gabriel - because of the cross on the car - but I guess that idea is out. I do remember the doctor-guy-who-isn't-a-doctor told Beth that they found her on the side of the road surrounded by "rotters" - that kinda sounds a lot like the circumstances under which she was picked up outside the funeral home.