The Walking Dead

mcm1610

Am I only the only one who thinks this carol arc is really lacking any sort of common sense? I don't really follow the comics so I don't know if its if related to them or not but this whole "I can't kill for you so I have to leave... oh hey, I'm gonna mow down 3 dudes with a hidden gun in my sleeve and stab another right through the heart to survive. Also, I chose a car with sharp spikes sticking out of it to, ya know... not draw any attention to myself... Ps 2 weeks ago I burned some people alive. Lol." It just seems to lack all common sense from a writing standpoint. Plus, Tobin literally didn't seem to care that she left aaand we've already seen her leave the group once (only difference being this was by choice). Nevermind that theyve randonly crammed 3-4 almost random relationships, a love triangle and some sort of thing with rosita and Spencers into the last third of the season that hasn't been touched on since.

I still really, really like this show and as a non-comic book reader I'm looking forward to (finally) seeing negan but scott gimple has been cramming things into the last half of this season that are finally starting to grate on me.

Am I only the only one who thinks this carol arc is really lacking any sort of common sense? I don't really follow the comics so I don't know if its if related to them or not but this whole "I can't kill for you so I have to leave... oh hey, I'm gonna mow down 3 dudes with a hidden gun in my sleeve and stab another right through the heart to survive. Also, I chose a car with sharp spikes sticking out of it to, ya know... not draw any attention to myself... Ps 2 weeks ago I burned some people alive. Lol." It just seems to lack all common sense from a writing standpoint. Plus, Tobin literally didn't seem to care that she left aaand we've already seen her leave the group once (only difference being this was by choice). Nevermind that theyve randonly crammed 3-4 almost random relationships, a love triangle and some sort of thing with rosita and Spencers into the last third of the season that hasn't been touched on since.

I still really, really like this show and as a non-comic book reader I'm looking forward to (finally) seeing negan but scott gimple has been cramming things into the last half of this season that are finally starting to grate on me.

I haven't read the comics but I know the Carol arc is unique to the show.  She was offed in the comics at the prison.

Maybe, as she's been known to do with just about everyone, we're being deceived by her intentions.  Maybe she really is trying to find Negan herself so she can off him before he gets to Alexandria.  Her letter may have been to try and throw people off so they wouldn't come after her.  

I don't understand the whole Daryl, Glenn, Michonne & Rosita thing though.  Sure, I get Daryl's intentions, but I don't get how they can all be that stupid to just go into the woods like they did and get captured.  When the hell is Glenn going to learn to stop leaving his damn preggo wife?  I'm getting sick of him being able to escape every impossible situation.  So maybe this will finally be the one he can't escape.

I haven't read the comics but I know the Carol arc is unique to the show. She was offed in the comics at the prison.

Maybe, as she's been known to do with just about everyone, we're being deceived by her intentions. Maybe she really is trying to find Negan herself so she can off him before he gets to Alexandria. Her letter may have been to try and throw people off so they wouldn't come after her.

I don't understand the whole Daryl, Glenn, Michonne & Rosita thing though. Sure, I get Daryl's intentions, but I don't get how they can all be that stupid to just go into the woods like they did and get captured. When the hell is Glenn going to learn to stop leaving his damn preggo wife? I'm getting sick of him being able to escape every impossible situation. So maybe this will finally be the one he can't escape.

I'm probably more annoyed than most because I think carol is (was?) the strongest female character on the show (sorry michonne) and they've spent all this time building her up into a complete bad ass only to go this route with her.

I also agree with daryl, et. All as well. This group can perfectly plot infiltrating one of negans compounds but they won't logically think through finding Dwight? This is one of those things where I feel like they sometimes don't know how to advance the plot without making someone look overly emotional with their decision making (ie leaving on their own) and thus stupid. It's not a huge gripe of mine because i get it, its a tv show, but they seem to fall back on it a lot.

I'm probably more annoyed than most because I think carol is (was?) the strongest female character on the show (sorry michonne) and they've spent all this time building her up into a complete bad ass only to go this route with her.

I also agree with daryl, et. All as well. This group can perfectly plot infiltrating one of negans compounds but they won't logically think through finding Dwight? This is one of those things where I feel like they sometimes don't know how to advance the plot without making someone look overly emotional with their decision making (ie leaving on their own) and thus stupid. It's not a huge gripe of mine because i get it, its a tv show, but they seem to fall back on it a lot.

This is why I think there has to be more to this Carol arc.  It seems like everything she has done lately has been a ruse, and then it all comes together later on.  

I totally agree about her being the strongest female on the show.  I hope she gets an Emmy nod for this season.

I thought last night's episode was just weak overall. Like all of the main characters leave, but do so for no reason at all really, or if there was a legot reason they fail to plot or rven discuss a potential course of action. It's like they haven't seen those spontaneous emotional decisions work out terribly time and time again.

Not enough F-words in your posts.

The anticipation for the mother fucking season finale has my dick so fucking hard I could wrap it in barbed wire and name it Lucille 2. It's going to be pee pee pants city in here real soon.

Damnit it great idea. I've been thinking about a name change. That would have been greatt

OH SHIT AND NOW HE'S HERE IN THE THREAD

*bows*

The anticipation for the mother fucking season finale has my dick so fucking hard I could wrap it in barbed wire and name it Lucille 2. It's going to be pee pee pants city in here real soon.

*bows*

Please talk like Negan every time you post, regardless of the thread you're in

I hope Carol dies, I have never really enjoyed her character. 

I usually love when they follow the comics exactly but 

I will be seriously bummed if Glenn dies, he was an amazing character in the comics and in the show. I hope its Carol or Daryl.

Nooooooooo!  Carol is my favorite right now.

Glenn has had it coming for seasons now lol.  I'm ready.

Glenn and Carol are my favorites, I'm not ready for either of them to go...

BUT I WOULD BE PERFECTLY OKAY WITH DARYL DYING. His character has gone stale in my opinion and the rabid "Kill Daryl and we'll stop watching/riot" fangirls need to be taken out. He won't die though, not after the fakeout at the end of the last episode. Not to mention he's AMC's $$$ Cow.