Opinion on Variant Collectors.

That, and the posts are relevant. I'm an avid variant collector and I had insight to add to the topic. I searched the topic before posting a thread about it.

Should I have posted the thread and had someone comment on it already being posted?

..did you just use italics for dramatic effect?

I'm way behind on this, but I think this is something that really needs to be said and will shine a new light on the ideas behind record collecting in general:

WHO CAREZ?

When I first joined VC I found the "who cares" guy annoying, but as of late I miss him. He's the troll VC deserves but not the one it needed back then.

Shit, I missed this. I have been trying to  keep his spirit alive.

I'm way behind on this, but I think this is something that really needs to be said and will shine a new light on the ideas behind record collecting in general:

WHO CAREZ?

Oh you fancy hah?

That, and the posts are relevant. I'm an avid variant collector and I had insight to add to the topic. I searched the topic before posting a thread about it.

Should I have posted the thread and had someone comment on it already being posted?

so you're saying you somehow missed the multiple other active threads about this same topic?

does reanimating this dead thread bring it up to four threads in the past few days about flippers/variant collectors? I've lost count.

I only collect variants for 3 bands, converge, oathbreaker and punch (plus a few from a local record label, just to help them out), 2 of those aren't even "big" bands, so I don't feel like I'm stopping anyone, and for converge there is so many variant collectors, it's your own fault if you miss out on some of the rarer versions (I obsessively checked converge's and deathwish's facebook pages/twitter feeds/websites to make sure I wouldn't miss the AWLWLB pre-order).

cool story bro

Oh, boy, I'm so glad you're interested in it.

I've been wanting to tell this story for a while, but it's kind of long because of all the records. I'll email and pm you a story per record, I think once or twice a day can get through them all in a few months.

Thanks for your interests!

Oh, boy, I'm so glad you're interested in it.

I've been wanting to tell this story for a while, but it's kind of long because of all the records. I'll email and pm you a story per record, I think once or twice a day can get through them all in a few months.

Thanks for your interests!

...classic classic moonbeams

I don't do it or get it but here's the thing about "getting it," if you got it, you'd probably do it yourself.

I don't understanding watching wrestling, watching NASCAR, the joy shooting an animal and hanging it's fucking head on my wall, or being sexually attracted to another man. But it's not for me to get. If I really understood it I'd be inclined to do it. How many people out there think we're nuts for wanting to acquire records and listen to them when there are much easier ways to enjoy music.

Don't stress people getting joy out of doing things you "don't get." If they aren't hurting anyone who cares? And no, someone wanting a record and not getting doesn't count as "hurting." That's a first world problem if I've ever heard one.