Storing vinyl inside/outside the jacket?

All my 700 records are like that - in their inner sleeve but outside the jacket. I use the clear PVC plastic sleeves of course too.

The only disadvantage is that the jackets doesnt look as cool when you are browsing them and records overall take more shelf space. But if you are listening to a record, you will take the inner sleeve out anyway, so all is good. And the main reason - no splits or tears or ringwear whatsoever.

I keep them in a homemade outer protector that has a lock on each record. I than store the record in a completely different room to avoid any type of same room, or gasp same jacket, ringwear that might exist. Both rooms are perfectly climate controlled and are guarded by two former Navy Seals(4 in total-12 hour shifts each) around the clock. Should I actually want to enter room, I am debriefed and desanitized. I have special shoes I also wear in the room to not cause any static electricity, you know because that is much easier than using a cleaning static brush.

The sad part is, I rarely ever enjoy the music on my turntable. I just got into this "hobby" so I am ask about storage methods, inner and outer sleeves, needles, record cleaning and wear. I am glad I found this site because these types of threads tend to pop up weekly and again bring the laughs on how sensitive people are to records

I actually go one step further and put them in generic outer sleeves, but still put them in the same poly bag. However, it doesn't work for double LPs so the generic outers reside in a separate poly and stored right next to the jacket. This is probably overkill, but considering the amount that i move, i think it will do just fine.

I keep them in a homemade outer protector that has a lock on each record. I than store the record in a completely different room to avoid any type of same room, or gasp same jacket, ringwear that might exist. Both rooms are perfectly climate controlled and are guarded by two former Navy Seals(4 in total-12 hour shifts each) around the clock. Should I actually want to enter room, I am debriefed and desanitized. I have special shoes I also wear in the room to not cause any static electricity, you know because that is much easier than using a cleaning static brush.

The sad part is, I rarely ever enjoy the music on my turntable. I just got into this "hobby" so I am ask about storage methods, inner and outer sleeves, needles, record cleaning and wear. I am glad I found this site because these types of threads tend to pop up weekly and again bring the laughs on how sensitive people are to records

Dude that's all you do to protect your collection? I keep my jackets in an airtight vault that has no light so that the jackets stay pristine. There's no less than 3 biometric locks to get into the vault plus a rotating squadron of navy seals that guard it. For the actual vinyl I keep it in a seperate airtight vault in a different city with the same type of security, but different biometric locks. I never play the vinyl because even with the best equipment it degrades it when you play it so why bother.

You really showed the original poster. What a dummy. Next time he'll think twice about asking these types of questions.

I store my records fairly tight on the shelves, with the records inside of the jackets (where they belong) and i have never had an issue with ring wear. i honestly assumed people stored records outside of the jacket for easier access to play them. i didn't think it had anything to do with ring wear.

The jacket is meant to store the record in. That is not what causes ringwear. Storing the record outside is just a silly newjack trend.

Not really. I've been keeping the record out side the jacket within the sleeve since I was a little kid. I do it to have quick and easy access to the LP. I find it funny that people start to scowl and critique anyone who does something a bit differently than them with their LPs. The method I use is just a personal preference and I'm not worried about ring wear/seam splits.