You don't like TWIABP? Weird, I thought almost everyone on the board did.

Nah.. I actually bought their first full length because of rave reviews and lots of references to bands I like, but.. nah.

That's so weird...I mean, they're actually good. I can understand not liking RHCP because it's radio rock and everyone hates it blah blah blah, but I hear you go on and on about emo and they fucking kill it with emo. 

Nah. Even in the abomination that emo has grown to be in the last couple years there's plenty bands doing a way better job.

Always  :wub:

I'm dedicating tonight to listening to bands everyone on the board talks about that I never got around to forming a real opinion on. Right now I'm listening to Guilty of Everything and I'm not overly impressed. Not bad, but not amazing by any means. Who else am I forgetting that falls under this category?

Are we talking that 2nd wave of VC-core bands during the last couple years? Title Fight, Turnover, Foxing, Nothing..

Not crazy about any of them. So edgy.

Caspian is the most boring post-rock band I've ever listened to.

*ducks for cover, anxiously scouting for Matt in fear*

Oh you don't know the half of it. Haha. 

I'm familiar with some of the bigger ones, and being young there's still a lot to hear...but even then, it's comparatively dull placed next to the little I have heard. Granted I'm basing this off of Tertia, so maybe the rest of their discog is more interesting.

While I think Tertia is fundamental, its production and pacing are all but inviting to newcomers to the genre and people not as invested as those who want and need their post-rock albums to take multiple listens to arise and shine.

You should give their latest album, Dust and Disquiet, a try if you're in the mood sometime. It's more direct, grittier, punchier, more expansive and pretty much their best album to date.

I dig it

Looks good. I need to buy a third 2x2 Kallax soon

:D

a third? thats wild haha. i have a 2x4 and a 2x2 built currently (expedits), but as you can see my collection (except for my 7"s) fits in 1x4. i have a spare 2x2 thats still in the box that i picked up once it was announced that expedit was going to be discontinued. saving it for a rainy day if my collection ever gets that big lol

Usually it's called a third brake lamp.

Found my owners manual, they call it the "high mount brake lamp". It's 2 bulbs, and look to only be $8. Hopefully they are not too bad to install.

Morning King... everyone... no sleep again for me.

Same. I fell asleep early, but woke up after an hour and could not get back to sleep. Damn time change and whatever else is making my sleep all messed up.

I'm pretty neutral on them, but I'm kind of surprised how many people were taken aback by Dom not being into Caspian. This is pretty much the only place on the internet, I've seen them highly praised. Granted this sample size is small, their highest ranked album among other post-rock albums on RYM is #198 with Waking Season. I don't necessarily agree with that placement, but there is at least a dozen albums on that chart placed higher that I do prefer https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&vif=3fie&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=post-rock&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic