4 minutes ago, Professor Finn said:

Yeah I'm kinda hoping for the same path too... I'll probably be stuck in this hellhole for all of time though.

I think my getaway will be trying to go to college out of state. I'm thinking about either Portland or somewhere around LA or San Diego because they seem like cool areas

1 minute ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

I think my getaway will be trying to go to college out of state. I'm thinking about either Portland or somewhere around LA or San Diego because they seem like cool areas

Same thoughts as you, but I'm going to add Washington to the list because it seems cool too.

I really hope Hastings doesn't close all its stores because it's one of like 3 places to go in the town I visit to see my grandparents :L and the only place that sells records outside of an antique store.

10 minutes ago, Professor Finn said:

Same thoughts as you, but I'm going to add Washington to the list because it seems cool too.

I really hope Hastings doesn't close all its stores because it's one of like 3 places to go in the town I visit to see my grandparents :L and the only place that sells records outside of an antique store.

I haven't been to one in person. AFAIK the one nearest one in in Prescott. Did you see Record Room moved to way the fuck north Phoenix from Scottsdale? It's a shame, I used to go there a bunch by now it's 45+ min each way.

1 minute ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

I haven't been to one in person. AFAIK the one nearest one in in Prescott. Did you see Record Room moved to way the fuck north Phoenix from Scottsdale? It's a shame, I used to go there a bunch by now it's 45+ min each way.

Actually I've never heard of that place... and actually now it's only 2 miles from my house...

10 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

It amuses me that Rez wants to move where weed is legal.

Also, motherfucker better smoke if he does.

It has nothing to do with weed being legal, but I think I wouldn't just because it'd bother you <3

It isn't so much that I have anything against weed, it's more that I don't feel the need or care enough to seek it out to try. IMO it isn't really any worse than having a few drinks (which I don't do either, but yknow)

1 hour ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

It has nothing to do with weed being legal, but I think I wouldn't just because it'd bother you <3

It isn't so much that I have anything against weed, it's more that I don't feel the need or care enough to seek it out to try. IMO it isn't really any worse than having a few drinks (which I don't do either, but yknow)

Sure you don't, even I've had a few drinks here and there.

1 hour ago, Professor Finn said:

Well, I'm y'all's age too, and I've never had a drink / inhaled anything other than stuff in the air and my inhaler

(that sentence has multiple pieces of evidence pointing towards how much of a NERD I am)

1 hour ago, Professor Finn said:

Well, I'm y'all's age too, and I've never had a drink / inhaled anything other than stuff in the air and my inhaler

(that sentence has multiple pieces of evidence pointing towards how much of a NERD I am)

3 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

It amuses me that Rez wants to move where weed is legal.

Also, motherfucker better smoke if he does.

Dude, stop bothering people about smoking weed. Especially when it's a 16yr kid who doesn't give a fuck about it. Haha. Not everyone smokes. If he wants to, he will. I didn't smoke until i was like 25, and I didn't take my first drink till I was 20. Who gives a shit. @Issei Hyoudou smoking and drinking is a waste of money anyway. You're good, dude.

Also, I forgot how good that Pig Destroyer album is. I'm probably going to have to pick it up at some point. How is the quality on it, Bruce?

Edited by Dave Grohl

54 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Dude, stop bothering people about smoking weed. Especially when it's a 16yr kid who doesn't give a fuck about it. Haha. Not everyone smokes. If he wants to, he will. I didn't smoke until i was like 25, and I didn't take my first drink till I was 20. Who gives a shit. @Issei Hyoudou smoking and drinking is a waste of money anyway. You're good, dude.

Also, I forgot how good that Pig Destroyer album is. I'm probably going to have to pick it up at some point. How is the quality on it, Bruce?

I just noticed the places he chose had legalized it so I figured I'd give him some shit.

I think I've gotten serious a few times, told Rez I'm just joking with him and that I support his decision to stay away from drugs/alcohol in high school. It's smart. I did the same thing (outside of getting stoned twice). I think that's why I like to poke fun, because I remember that mindset. I didn't have a drink until I was 20 either, actually.

The Pig Destroyer is a high quality package. I've been really stoked on all the recent Pig Destroyer reissues.

36 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Well I feel like a loser, I got stoned and drunk for the first time at 14.

I got stoned at 15 and again at 16. Might've done it twice when I was 16, actually. Nothing wrong with trying it early.

I just think it's something you can handle better when you're older. I saw a few kids go too hard in like Freshman year of college and fuck things up for themselves. I watched my best friend's little brother and his social circle turn into non-stop stoners in junior/senior year of high school and most of those kids were a complete mess for a few years. Mostly by just being too stoned all the time. Few of them tried to be college campus kingpins and failed spectacularly. Couple just went broke, a couple got busted for coke and kicked out of school. I think like 19-21 is a good time to start experimenting and partying, depending on the person. But I also think it's something worth trying. It's fun and even if you only do it a handful of times, it's worth the experience. 

To quote One Hundred Year Ocean "Who wants to see this shitty world clearly?"

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic