Boooooo. RHCP are a pretty awful band and it's ok to say so.

If you like them, go ahead and like them, but don't take it so personally that other people express their opinion that they're garbage.

I don't love them and don't really care if anyone else does, but the shitting on things gets old. Just in general. A lot of people (myself included  at times) do it. I have been trying to be a bit less of an asshole on here too.

people love to blindly hate on things so they feel better about their own taste.

I just like what I like and almost always appreciate the artistry of bands despite my personal opinion on their sound.

Really, dude? Really. That's what you're assuming. That's pretty damn judgemental of you. Apparently if we don't like RHCP we are elitist douche bags trying to feel better about ourselves? No. It's not blind hate. Besides, if anything it would be deaf hate. I've heard their entire catalogue. I'm not hating them for the fun of it. Their music is contrived, non progressive, every song is the same about the same redundant thing (we get it, you're from California) , and the dude's voice is annoying as fuck. Not even RHCP like RHCP. For fucks sake, they break up every time they get a new member.

I love when people take that shit so personally. I think RHCP is one the worst bands ever, so people who love them think I told them their mom should have aborted.

Not everyone in the world hates music to act like some all powerful being. Good music wouldn't be as good if we didn't have shitty bands to compare them to.

Sorry we all don't live in a world where we all love the same music. We can shit on what we don't like, love what love, and like what we like. This isn't one end of the spectrum.

You kids need to learn that people are going to express their opinions, they'll differ from yours, and they aren't always going to be positive. World doesn't work like that. Music doesn't work like that.

I don't love them and don't really care if anyone else does, but the shitting on things gets old. Just in general. A lot of people (myself included  at times) do it. I have been trying to be a bit less of an asshole on here too.

#teamshitless

fam we can do it.. we can avoid shitting on things! are you with me!?

spread the love not the cheeks! 

Legit complaints, or just people being whiny?

Legit complaints. And just general post clutter. 

This is the important thing to consider.  By all means, do what you have to do, but please be realistic about it.  Not to name names, but there's one particularly new, whiny user who is absolute forum garbage in its trashiest form.  Not only do they have a shitty demeanor in every thread I spot them in, but I'm also fairly convinced they're going out of their way to be offended.  Another user jokingly poked at this person's whine-post regarding a delayed order, and this user's response was akin to a [sincere] "go fuck yourself".  Honestly unnecessary.  We don't need shit like that on VC.  The same user is reporting members who are having a laugh at their expense.  There are no slurs, hateful retorts, or even insults being dished out – just crocodile tears on account of given a little flack.  I personally find that absurd (and it's taken me a lot of restraint to not poke at the hornet's nest, when even the most discrete nudges have such volatile results).  If you're that easily offended, it's probably time to evaluate how you've made it this far on the world wide web, and step outside into the real world for a while.  That's the kind of clutter that needs to be swept off the forums, in my opinion.

[/rant]

You kids need to learn that people are going to express their opinions, they'll differ from yours, and they aren't always going to be positive. World doesn't work like that. Music doesn't work like that.

I've long past accepted it, but when I don't like a band, I don't act high-and-mighty and shit on them because I don't like them. I keep quiet.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic