The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Folks, how long does mondo usually take to respond to emails? I used the contact form on their page two days ago, just wondering if I should try again (never had an issue before so never needed to contact them). 

its 4th of july weekend. i highly doubt they're in the office. i'd try again if you haven't heard back by tuesday.

Hi there, Jurassic Park fan! 

We’d like to start off by thanking you again for you order of Mondo’s release of Jurassic Park (Version A). This release was a long time in the making, and we are very excited that you were able to grab one from our site before they sold out. 

We have been working diligently to get the orders fulfilled as quickly as possible. Due to a slight production delay, we are still waiting for a portion of the records to arrive from our manufacturer. It will take approximately 4 weeks to receive the remainder of the LPs and we will make it our priority to get them shipped out to you as soon as we have them in hand. 

Aw man. 

Got the same e mail. Its kinda frustrating. Im a bit confused on why mondo does not ship out in order or time received. It seems people who ordered one record a few days after got shipping where i ordered in less than 5 minutes of going up....

This is the bummer for me too. I bought 3 copies straight away to play the variant game, as did two other guys in my office. We planned to sell our black copies for RRP on ebay when we got them, to offset the cost of the purchase, but right now we've just got to deal with the combined sum of $105 missing from each of our bank accounts.

Aw man.

You know what's odd about this, WS, is I got this email as well, but the order I haven't received is for version B. What the heck?

Got the same e mail. Its kinda frustrating. Im a bit confused on why mondo does not ship out in order or time received. It seems people who ordered one record a few days after got shipping where i ordered in less than 5 minutes of going up....

While they're not the only company that does this and it doesn't really have a big impact on my life either way, I am legitimately curious why they don't just ship in the order of purchase. Or roughly thereabouts.

I'm just wondering where my order for the amber version is. I had to do 2 orders. One for the amber version and another for the 2 copies of version a.

Word.

I thought mondo didn't fuck around with the whole selling before we have them bullshit. I don't know why I thought that.

I wonder if this has to do with bubbles in the Dilophosaurus variant? Maybe that's why they're so certain that it won't affect the variant probability; because they're repressing the remaining variants?

I thought mondo didn't fuck around with the whole selling before we have them bullshit. I don't know why I thought that.

They sell things they don't have quite often, though not always. Figured they had all of these in hand though since they were selling them at the listening party as well as shipping out the first orders the same day as the drop.

Not to dredge up old issues but just a little info for Mondo folks. I, probably like others, had about 100% success rate with a variant when ordering two copies of a title.

The last three I've gotten all blacks. Could be coincidence but it seems like something may have changed on the fulfillment side. Given that the blacks often don't resell for much and the variants are often available at decent prices if your patient at this point I'd say it is cheaper to buy via eBay if you'd only playing the variant game.

I know some folks have been saying this for a while but just chiming in with my two cents. If your in it for the variant chase the "sure thing" seems to have changed.

Guest deleted

Not to dredge up old issues but just a little info for Mondo folks. I, probably like others, had about 100% success rate with a variant when ordering two copies of a title.

The last three I've gotten all blacks. Could be coincidence but it seems like something may have changed on the fulfillment side. Given that the blacks often don't resell for much and the variants are often available at decent prices if your patient at this point I'd say it is cheaper to buy via eBay if you'd only playing the variant game.

I know some folks have been saying this for a while but just chiming in with my two cents. If your in it for the variant chase the "sure thing" seems to have changed.

By "some folks have been saying this for a while", you clearly mean me since I was the first to openly admit this - got ridiculed and attacked repeatedly by many regular posters to this thread - for trying to help those who didn't know. 1 other guy way back also admitted it, and then like 5 or so other people mentioned it only very recently.

Very "tight-lipped" bunch!

This is why you should listen to motherfucking RealTalk/RealTruth/deathbydrums and STFU Timbrh!!!

This is why, I believe, Mondo says it is "random"... they try to make the fans who order early and directly by supplying 1 variant/1black, but stuff happens. Imagine saying if you order 2 you will get 1 variant/1 black and then for whatever reason they can't fulfill orders that way... hello shitstorm! Or if they still had online stock of the record, imagine all of the emails asking "is the variant sold out yet"?

I wouldn't consider it a dead strategy.