The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

13 minutes ago, bigdz68 said:

Anyone getting the Mondo art of Jock version today?

A few extras and the price goes to $175? I see the book on Amazon and am guessing the only difference are the few prints right?

Jeez....

It's limited edition version of the book.  Way nicer than the standard.  Just not something I personally need.  But seeing them up close there is no doubting it's value.

Fight_Club_FC_Blog_1024x1024.jpg?v=14791

Fight_Club_Rip_Blog_1024x1024.jpg?v=1479

Fight_Club_Display_Blog_1024x1024.jpg?v=

Fight_Club_Disc_Blog_1024x1024.jpg?v=147

MONDO
Fight Club - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP. Music by The Dust Brothers. Sleeve Design & Packaging by Alan Hynes. Pressed on 2x180 Gram Pink Soap Vinyl. $35

Mondo is proud to present the soundtrack to Fight Club on vinyl for the first time in over 15 years. 

The Dust Brothers only film score to date, Fight Club is arguably one of the most enjoyable soundtrack albums to come out of the 90's and part of that has to do with the fact that it's one of the best sequenced scores of all time. Weaving all of the films cues from the film into 16 songs, the album winds up feeling like the best instrumental Trip-Hop album you've never heard.

Buy it or you will be incomplete. But be warned, this album will not stay beautiful, clean or perfect. It will not stay mint, or even VG+. It will become fair at best. Just like you. 

26 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Fight_Club_FC_Blog_1024x1024.jpg?v=14791

Fight_Club_Rip_Blog_1024x1024.jpg?v=1479

Fight_Club_Display_Blog_1024x1024.jpg?v=

Fight_Club_Disc_Blog_1024x1024.jpg?v=147

MONDO
Fight Club - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP. Music by The Dust Brothers. Sleeve Design & Packaging by Alan Hynes. Pressed on 2x180 Gram Pink Soap Vinyl. $35

Mondo is proud to present the soundtrack to Fight Club on vinyl for the first time in over 15 years. 

The Dust Brothers only film score to date, Fight Club is arguably one of the most enjoyable soundtrack albums to come out of the 90's and part of that has to do with the fact that it's one of the best sequenced scores of all time. Weaving all of the films cues from the film into 16 songs, the album winds up feeling like the best instrumental Trip-Hop album you've never heard.

Buy it or you will be incomplete. But be warned, this album will not stay beautiful, clean or perfect. It will not stay mint, or even VG+. It will become fair at best. Just like you. 

They also posted that they'll have a "limited amount" on Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/MondoNews/status/798211744946679808

On 11/12/2016 at 6:43 PM, harryq said:

mine pops every time around throughout the first or second track on the B side.  I haven't "looked" at it carefully yet to see if there's anything visibly wrong with it

just to follow-up, my record simply had a nasty scratch going through the majority of "Finish It".  The rest of the record sounded fine, and Mondo said they'd send me a replacement.  great customer service experience :)

My The Fountain sounds like shit. Constant pop through at least half of Side A so far and it doesn't seem to be going away. First track is nearly unlistenable. Pretty fucking heartbroken and no matter what happens this will remain my only Mondo purchase ever.

I'm wondering if I should even bother trying to get a replacement if I'll probably just get another fucked copy.

I am so fucking let down and bummed out.

38 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

My The Fountain sounds like shit. Constant pop through at least half of Side A so far and it doesn't seem to be going away. First track is nearly unlistenable. Pretty fucking heartbroken and no matter what happens this will remain my only Mondo purchase ever.

I'm wondering if I should even bother trying to get a replacement if I'll probably just get another fucked copy.

I am so fucking let down and bummed out.

Side A was a wash, clicks like a fucking metronome the whole way through. Side B sounds great though...but it's warped in such a way that I didn't notice until I flipped to B. It's a pretty bad warp, but it doesn't affect playback. My old turntable wouldn't have been able to handle it but luckily I upgraded that shit.

Not sure what I'm gonna do. @THE_James_Champ have you heard back from Mondo?

6 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Side A was a wash, clicks like a fucking metronome the whole way through. Side B sounds great though...but it's warped in such a way that I didn't notice until I flipped to B. It's a pretty bad warp, but it doesn't affect playback. My old turntable wouldn't have been able to handle it but luckily I upgraded that shit.

Not sure what I'm gonna do. @THE_James_Champ have you heard back from Mondo?

They did email me back, asking if a refund would quell my disappointment (legit what they wrote) and I told them I want a replacement before a refund.  Still waiting to hear back from them on that now.