Po: Blink-182 - Take Off Your Pants And Jacket Lp + 3 7"s

jhulud

no single LP should ever retail more than $20. with double LPs i basically draw the line at $25.

but because there's a fancy jacket, it makes that one record double in value?

you guys seriously need to get real trying to justify this. saying that it's the norm is exactly why people are bitching. this has absolutely no business being the norm, and that mindset is basically just going to send THE HOBBY in the direction of game-used memorabilia baseball cards.

I've ranted about this a few times now, so I'm re-quoting this because it pretty much sums up my exact sentiments, and all that I really have to say on the subject.

I've ranted about this a few times now, so I'm re-quoting this because it pretty much sums up my exact sentiments, and all that I really have to say on the subject.

like button is back so this is the first thing I will like today.  I'll even add in a favorite gif of mine

tumblr_luu3mhbA1G1qa37hco1_500.gif

You know, this release just seems like an MTS production. Now one of the prizes from Twitter is a 1 of 1 TOYPAJ test press. Isn't that what was the only result of the RJ fiasco? He was at least able to get a test done?

the jury is still out on that one. i think he just used a random record and claimed it was a TOYPAJ test. that's the beauty of blank labels, you can write whatever you want on them.

no single LP should ever retail more than $20. with double LPs i basically draw the line at $25.

but because there's a fancy jacket, it makes that one record double in value?

you guys seriously need to get real trying to justify this. saying that it's the norm is exactly why people are bitching. this has absolutely no business being the norm, and that mindset is basically just going to send THE HOBBY in the direction of game-used memorabilia baseball cards.  

I'll like the shit out of this post too.  

troy-abed.gif

You know, this release just seems like an MTS production. Now one of the prizes from Twitter is a 1 of 1 TOYPAJ test press. Isn't that what was the only result of the RJ fiasco? He was at least able to get a test done?

I think that's saying they're giving away 1 test press, not that there's only 1 test press.  Also, screw having to use Twitter to be a part of that giveaway.  

I'm torn on this one.  Everyone complaining about the $50 price is 110% right but man the nostalgia of when this came out gets to me every time.   Early 20s, hanging out with friends, etc.  The added bonus of all of the hidden tracks makes it even tougher.  Still why isn't this $30?  Ultimately I think i'll pass since I severely overspent on the new Replacements 10".  

If you ordered this the first time on 180g with the 7inches it was $44 with shipping. Get the 10% discount and $3 preorder shipping and its only $4 more than what MTS was.

So it's ok to overprice an already overpriced record. The only fair option originally was the normal weight + 3 7"s for $35. I'll never understand why people like paying 50% more for something that sounds the same but is 40 grams heavier.

Edit: I also believe the original 180g package had some foil crap and was the most limited, which still doesn't justify $5 but makes more sense than this SRC version.

If you ordered this the first time on 180g with the 7inches it was $44 with shipping. Get the 10% discount and $3 preorder shipping and its only $4 more than what MTS was.

This makes me want to bang my head against the wall. Ignoring the point that the price of the first PO was still too high, based on your math, this is around a 10% mark-up for literally nothing extra. And that's WITH those discounts. You're cool with that?

Does anybody know if there is a relationship between SRC and RJ on this (or any of his other releases that SRC picked up on). I'd imagine not, but if RJ were to get even one penny from the this, it'd be BS.

I would like to get this, but I'm already $39 into it and the $5 offering is a mere slap in the face. I'm going to pass.

The silver lining is that if I were to get it, I'd be able to post in the "What's the most you've ever spent" thread.

from my understanding, src got on board with rj to help out once shit started going badly. then rj just kept rj'ing as hard as he could until he just rj'd the whole thing.