Nine Inch Nails- Hesitation Marks- Halo 28- Sept 3

I wanted to wait til I had the actual release on hand to listen to it, but I buckled. Listened to the iTunes stream twice already and I have to admit that I like it. A lot. Being into NIN since PHM came out (yeah, I am that old!) and become slightly jaded with some of the material, I was pleasantly surprised with HM. It's an interesting mixture of sounds and textures from TDS and TF with a more current (in Reznor's terms) borderline pop sound. And being in the middle of the album, you'd think that "Everything" would stick out, but it actually works as a sort of transition into the second half and creates a different feel. 

Anyone else hear some Prince influence in the track "Satellite"?  I love this album more and more with each listen.  Love Reznor's comment about putting up 10 bucks or go fuck yourself.  I expect to put up at least $25 for the vinyl.  And I'm pissed that I have to drive to either Cleveland or Nashville to catch a show from the tour... why not Cincinnati, or even Indianapolis or Columbus... damn.

Interesting. They are releasing an alternate "Audiophile" digital master of the album that differs from the retail CD/Digital formats.

http://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/post/59587808317/hesitation-marks-was-mastered-in-two-different

As far as I can gather from that article it looks like there are actually THREE masters, the CD/digital, the Audiophile digital, and the vinyl.