PO: KoЯn: The Paradigm Shift

I didn't realize these guys had more than 3 albums.

I was a HUGE Korn fan when I was in middle school. Grew out of it around the time high school started. I was bored in the middle of the night last week and decided to look up their wiki page. They have SEVEN albums I've never even heard of. That blew my mind.

The late 90s were weird.

...or maybe it's because RATM and SOAD were much better bands...

I'd wager every penny of what little savings I have that if RATM & SOAD were releasing their 11th albums next month that a lot of their fans would be crying the blues about what they did on album #8 or the experimental album #10 or how commercial they got on #5 or whatever standard arguments there are.  Do you think they'd have gone hard all 11 times & would carry every fan, including yourself, along the way?

Been a KoRn fan since back when Follow the Leader came out.. Haven't really liked much they've done since Take A Look In The Mirror (aside from KoRn III) but I preordered the new album already and will def. go see them live again when they come back around..

I'll never understand why there's so much hate for KoRn there first 3 albums influenced so much of the music of the early 2000's... I know personally if it wasn't for KoRn I never would have gotten into heavy music, and rock music in general...

I'd wager every penny of what little savings I have that if RATM & SOAD were releasing their 11th albums next month that a lot of their fans would be crying the blues about what they did on album #8 or the experimental album #10 or how commercial they got on #5 or whatever standard arguments there are.  Do you think they'd have gone hard all 11 times & would carry every fan, including yourself, along the way?

those bands are relatively well-regarded because they didnt release 11 albums (though i personally dont think anything SOAD did after toxicity was any good at all). if korn had called it a day after issues or untouchables i dont think as many people would be so quick to go "LOL" at the idea of a new album. thing is, korn has overstayed their welcome by at least a decade and this is coming from someone who was, in part, introduced to "heavy music" by their first album. they haven't done anything new or interesting in years and most people see it. musically, to me, the only band that truly escaped the nu-metal tag that has continued to do anything worth at all is deftones - and thats it.

Oh!

And Serj's voice is annoying. Don't like SOTD

And the only reason the deftones sound the way they do is bc (don't even know his name) the singer can't.... Sing. Horrible! F!

He can't sing huh...? Is that why Korn had him do guest vocals on an entire song on Life is Peachy? You do realize that Jonathan Davis used to sound like a pissed off grizzly bear raging on hardcore drugs in the wilderness and now he sounds like a cat in heat fighting off feline aids on the yellow brick road, right? I'm not dogging anyone for liking Korn, hell I used to love them, but to say Chino can't sing and sit here with a straight face pumping your fist to JD's vocals is a fucking joke.

I'm surprised there isn't a bootleg of the debut album.  I mean... until now.  I'm going to be rich.  But i'm going to get permission from the band first.  before i become rich.  damn SRC already beat me to it.  (it is a Sony title after all).

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7059820 - lol

cool story bro:

the year was 1997 the place catholic high school-  i drew the korn logo on my notebook.. teacher was concerned i was promoting the Koran.  I asked why- "because you wrote it on your notebook".

I side with the people that are saying the S/T and Life is Peachy were solid but after the first 2 albums, it just went south.  KoRn is similar to Limp Bizkit in that respect.  Neither JD or Fred Durst can hold a candle to Chino from a vocalist standpoint and anyone that thinks otherwise should have their head examined.