Brand New - TDAGARIM repress in 11/4

futre

So a quick update.  I actually have a old friend located where MOV is based.  He has some friends at the label and this is what he sent me regarding the 666 red vinyl pressing....take it for what its worth:

"They sold the complete batch of 666 red vinyl to a distributor. For MOV it means they sold out and consider the release as such. They are not willing to give the name of that distributor away. All they know is the distributor is reselling everywhere in small batches of 1, 2 or 3 vinyl to a huge number of shops."

So if that is the case, and accurate, then it will be basically dumb luck or like a Mondo random insert whether your copy will be red or not.  Could one store potentially have bought a batch of 40?  Who knows.  I just see a lot of anger/confusion/disappointment forthcoming for those expecting or thinking they have guaranteed one of the 666 numbered copies.

If it is a sticker directly on the cover, I can imagine a lot of "experiments" to try to get it off and most ending badly...

If that is what we are seeing in the photo it is more likely that the stickers are for the shrinkwrap and they just stuck that one to the actual cover for that photo as they had opened it. I think it's most likely that it's actually printed on there as that is what it looks like.

there must be no one in this thread that already owns a copy of this record. that or no one remembers that the triple crown pressing of this record came shrinkwrapped with a sticker that looked exactly like it does in that picture.

Yeah, the sticker was on the shrinkwrap, but MOV doesn't shrinkwrap their vinyl, do they? None of the ones I have came shrinkwrapped, just came in a nice poly sleeve.

there must be no one in this thread that already owns a copy of this record. that or no one remembers that the triple crown pressing of this record came shrinkwrapped with a sticker that looked exactly like it does in that picture.

Or it's been mentioned on the previous page alone like 5 times.  To get you up to speed, there is no shrink on that record in the photo, thus bringing up the question of whether the artwork was printed with the sticker-looking rectangle on it, or there is a sticker placed directly on the matte album jacket.  I believe its the former.

Or it's been mentioned on the previous page alone like 5 times.  To get you up to speed, there is no shrink on that record in the photo, thus bringing up the question of whether the artwork was printed with the sticker-looking rectangle on it, or there is a sticker placed directly on the matte album jacket.  I believe its the former.

I second the former, and honestly prefer that over a sticker that will either look like shit once removed, or start to remove itself over time, which will look like shit.

Are you reading the same thread?

I have a TC pressing which came shrinkwrapped with the label sticker on. My original point was that it is so much better that way as it doesn't ruin the artwork. Anyone who thinks having an ugly white bar with the title on it printed over the artwork is a good thing is having a laugh.

It Looks like (in the photo) that it's printed; however, for the sake of everyone who ordered it, I hope that they just took a sticker meant for the shrinkwrap (Which there is clearly none of in the photo, and as loveless wrists has mentioned MOV don't usually use.) and stuck it directly on the cover.

I don't believe they would sell copies with such stickers stuck directly to the cover (Although nothing would surprise me).

Additionally, if in fact this is printed over the artwork than the original pressings will be clearly identifiable and in my and I would assume, most others opinion, aesthetically superior.

Also, the fact that the Amazon image looks like this would also suggest that it's printed. > 81nHjlPY3ML._SL1200_.jpg