Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

Yeah. All Hot Cash codes are the same. The only reason to have the physical tickets is to take them into a store.

I wish Hot Topic actually did make them single use with unique codes, so you can only use it if you earned it.  That way people can't take advantage of the vinyl, and I can get discounted records if I legitly earned it.

I wish Hot Topic actually did make them single use with unique codes, so you can only use it if you earned it. That way people can't take advantage of the vinyl, and I can get discounted records if I legitly earned it.

But it doesn't work on vinyl. And even with single use I don't see them taking 50% off a record without it being clearance.

But it doesn't work on vinyl. And even with single use I don't see them taking 50% off a record without it being clearance.

It used to work on vinyl.  But people who didn't earn Hot Cash were using it on buying a bunch of records.  That's why they had to end that.  

If they offered single use Hot Cash codes, they could bring back vinyl into the deal.  Remember: to actually get Hot Cash, you need to spend money at Hot Topic.  So they're not straight taking 50% off of a record.  You still have to spend a lot to get that deal.  At the complete best case, it's only really 25% off, and that's only if you hit exactly $30 initially to get the Hot Cash, and then hit exactly $30 when you spend it, which is almost impossible.  Hot Topic was losing a lot of money because people who didn't actually earn Hot Cash were using it on items that already have very low margins.

It used to work on vinyl. But people who didn't earn Hot Cash were using it on buying a bunch of records. That's why they had to end that.

If they offered single use Hot Cash codes, they could bring back vinyl into the deal. Remember: to actually get Hot Cash, you need to spend money at Hot Topic. So they're not straight taking 50% off of a record. You still have to spend a lot to get that deal. At the complete best case, it's only really 25% off, and that's only if you hit exactly $30 initially to get the Hot Cash, and then hit exactly $30 when you spend it, which is almost impossible. Hot Topic was losing a lot of money because people who didn't actually earn Hot Cash were using it on items that already have very low margins.

So I assume Hot Topic will be getting a variant of the MCR-Bullets repress that coming up soon?

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/My-Chemical-Romance-%252d-I-Brought-You-My-Bullets%2C-You-Brought-Me-Your-Love-LP.html

Settle down, bud. No need to ask about it in two threads. You'll get your answer in due time.