Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

Virgil sent me a list of the VC rules in a text file in 2006. Let me look on my old laptop for them.

Edit: found them. This is copied verbatim. I have to believe all still apply (unless Big Boo from ShopRadioCast chimes in and refutes any of these).

Vinyl Collective Rules

By V and the Community

#1. Treat other posters with respect. We are all here to discuss vinyl and share in the enjoyment of music. Don't say anything you wouldn't say to your brother, mother, or best friend.

#2. Don't enter any trade or purchase transactions that you feel uncomfortable with. We provide the buy/trade/sell forum as a convenience yet we can't always police each and every transaction. Use your best judgement. We are hoping to have a feedback system in place soon (maybe summer).

#3. Post pre-orders for records only. We love music and CDs are a music format but this is vinyl collective, not CD Collective.

#4. If you are an early adopter for the up vote/down vote system, use it respectfully. Only down vote posts that you think make VC a lesser place to discuss music. Only up vote posts that you think make VC a better place to discuss music. That said, if you get a down vote, don't complain or ask who voted; learn from the down vote and try to improve. Moderators will not reveal identities of down voters or mediate disputes arising from the voting system.

#5. You can PayPal money for tickets for Virgil's Beer Tour directly to me at [email protected]. Right now, we are 80% funded.

#6. Please stop asking for Green Day represses in every pop punk related thread. We get it. You want Dookie and Insomniac on black vinyl and are willing to pay the inflated price of $14.99 for them. Please don't derail every thread to ask for them.

#7. The Overstock.com deals thread is for deals. Posting $3-4 7"s is in no way a good deal.

Rules added in Dec 2008:

#8. Now that we have a feedback system for buying and selling, remember that you don't have to use it very much. For example, if a user sells you an LP for really cheap, mails it out within 24 hours, sends you the tracking number immediately, answers your follow up questions, and provides a generally great buying experience, don't necessarily leave them good feedback- especially if the user has only 8 feedback scores. Let him stay at 8 despite having sold upwards of 20 LPs to the community.

#9. Poop-related usernames are now allowed.

#10. Flipping has become a big issue as vinyl grows more popular again. If you know someone has flipped a record, report them to a mod UNLESS they display a real rebellious, give-no-fucks attitude toward the world in general. If this is the case, they can flip and you have to apologize for ever getting in their way.

#11. If you ever want to see this list, ask Barry Keiferson aka Bake to post them. I've sent him the list of VC rules in a text file as a backup in case new versions of Invision Board software remove this list of rules sticky feature.

#12. Have fun!

Virgil sent me a list of the VC rules in a text file in 2006. Let me look on my old laptop for them.

Edit: found them. This is copied verbatim. I have to believe all still apply (unless Big Boo from ShopRadioCast chimes in and refutes any of these).

Vinyl Collective Rules

By V and the Community

#1. Treat other posters with respect. We are all here to discuss vinyl and share in the enjoyment of music. Don't say anything you wouldn't say to your brother, mother, or best friend.

#2. Don't enter any trade or purchase transactions that you feel uncomfortable with. We provide the buy/trade/sell forum as a convenience yet we can't always police each and every transaction. Use your best judgement. We are hoping to have a feedback system in place soon (maybe summer).

#3. Post pre-orders for records only. We love music and CDs are a music format but this is vinyl collective, not CD Collective.

#4. If you are an early adopter for the up vote/down vote system, use it respectfully. Only down vote posts that you think make VC a lesser place to discuss music. Only up vote posts that you think make VC a better place to discuss music. That said, if you get a down vote, don't complain or ask who voted; learn from the down vote and try to improve. Moderators will not reveal identities of down voters or mediate disputes arising from the voting system.

#5. You can PayPal money for tickets for Virgil's Beer Tour directly to me at [email protected]. Right now, we are 80% funded.

#6. Please stop asking for Green Day represses in every pop punk related thread. We get it. You want Dookie and Insomniac on black vinyl and are willing to pay the inflated price of $14.99 for them. Please don't derail every thread to ask for them.

#7. The Overstock.com deals thread is for deals. Posting $3-4 7"s is in no way a good deal.

Rules added in Dec 2008:

#8. Now that we have a feedback system for buying and selling, remember that you don't have to use it very much. For example, if a user sells you an LP for really cheap, mails it out within 24 hours, sends you the tracking number immediately, answers your follow up questions, and provides a generally great buying experience, don't necessarily leave them good feedback- especially if the user has only 8 feedback scores. Let him stay at 8 despite having sold upwards of 20 LPs to the community.

#9. Poop-related usernames are now allowed.

#10. Flipping has become a big issue as vinyl grows more popular again. If you know someone has flipped a record, report them to a mod UNLESS they display a real rebellious, give-no-fucks attitude toward the world in general. If this is the case, they can flip and you have to apologize for ever getting in their way.

#11. If you ever want to see this list, ask Barry Keiferson aka Bake to post them. I've sent him the list of VC rules in a text file as a backup in case new versions of Invision Board software remove this list of rules sticky feature.

#12. Have fun!

Sweet. I give no fucks about the world. Prepare to see some copies of oh god the aftermath available at triple the sticker price available on VC in a few weeks. Shipping will be double what hot topic asks for international buyers. Prepare to get flipped!

Rule #14: Always trust in Virgil. He will never steer the site wrong or take a bunch of money for a collective, then not follow through with the releases. He will also sell extremely warped left over records on ebay down the line, so just ignore his listings.

Yup, a couple new ones just came in and should be on their way to stores now. Should be online on Friday

All - Problematic LP on red

Offspring - Ignition LP on orange

Coming very soon, probably next week or so

Dillinger Escape Plan - Irony Is A Dead Scene 12" on orange

Hey Travis, haven't seen the DEP anywhere yet, are those available? And on another random question, is there any chance of getting Killswitch Engage's Alive or Just Breathing pressed on vinyl? Not sure if Roadrunner would let you do it, but that album has never been pressed and I'd love to have it.

Hey Travis, haven't seen the DEP anywhere yet, are those available? And on another random question, is there any chance of getting Killswitch Engage's Alive or Just Breathing pressed on vinyl? Not sure if Roadrunner would let you do it, but that album has never been pressed and I'd love to have it.

You just quoted the answer to your first question, dude. Read.

DEP is coming soon. 

No clue about KSE stuff

Nope. every TIME i DIE

lol classic dingleberry.

You're not offering to sell these at cost?

I just want to make sure this bullshit stays in the right thread. If anyone needs further clarification on these rules please direct all questions to doman & Rez as i still am not clear why the dude asking $45 for 40 oz a few weeks after its release is worse that rez asking $130 for a copy antichrist superstar he only paid $75 for. I didnt make the rules, i dont even agree with that rule, i just pointed it out. I've never sold a record but that doesnt seem fair to me. Holding one person to a different standard than everyone else. I dont think you should have to sell your records at sticker price if you dont want to -- if you dont like the price of a record dont buy it. I still dont have a thorough understanding of this so please dont pretend like i promote everyone selling their records at cost. I didnt make up the rules. Please direct all comments related to that subject to this thread & the appropriate users.

I just want to make sure this bullshit stays in the right thread. If anyone needs further clarification on these rules please direct all questions to doman & Rez as i still am not clear why the dude asking $45 for 40 oz a few weeks after its release is worse that rez asking $130 for a copy antichrist superstar he only paid $75 for. I didnt make the rules, i dont even agree with that rule, i just pointed it out. I've never sold a record but that doesnt seem fair to me. Holding one person to a different standard than everyone else. I dont think you should have to sell your records at sticker price if you dont want to -- if you dont like the price of a record dont buy it. I still dont have a thorough understanding of this so please dont pretend like i promote everyone selling their records at cost. I didnt make up the rules. Please direct all comments related to that subject to this thread & the appropriate users.

Dude. Let it go.