Recent purchases

Picked up a few from my local shop this weekend.

Death Cab for Cutie - The Photo Album

J Mascis - Tied To A Star

Madvillain - Madvillainy

MF Doom - MM..Food

Also grabbed Alvvays' s/t at Urban Outfitters. First record I ever bought there. I came across it and figured I'd just pick it up there to skip ordering it online, plus I needed socks. Luckily the copy I grabbed was in awesome condition. I noticed a lot of their records were kind of beat up.

YES!!! My copy of Lost Themes by John Carpenter came in today!!! You guys SERIOUSLY need to pick this LP up, its AMAZINGLY good.....I can't stop listening to it. (I'm pretty sure the code has been used but still feel free to try and snag it just in case it hasnt)

50480880-121C-4F4F-919F-C7EFE18BE043_zps

and I just made this purchase today. Hands down the most expensive record I have ever purchased (I did manage to talk the price down to $200) - The story behind this record is kinda cool. EasyStreetRecords in West Seattle bought a SEALED box of Nirvana LPs from an Exec. that used to work for Geffen Records. There were 8 copies of In Utero that are pressed on clear vinyl which are still sealed and 6 copies of Nevermind with the gold promo stamp. None of these have ever seen the head of a needle and I can safely say that this copy of Nevermind is the mintiest copy you will ever find.

B6DE37EE-1EB3-476F-8622-AB17C816A1BA_zps

172DCA16-C6A0-4B7F-8E04-A4D9EE2332EB_zps

This will be awesome if shipped... keep us updated!

Alas, too good to be true...was for only One Beat. But I will say CCMusic were pretty good about it - they had mailed it already and refunded me regardless, without requiring me to return the record. So... Anyone want a copy of Sleater Kinney One Beat?

I checked up on the Lizard In A Woman's Skin page on LITA and saw that it had the deluxe LP up for sale again.  I missed out on this a while back when it quickly sold out, so I thought I'd never get it.  I quickly bought it, expecting it was a fluke and that they'd refund me, but today it showed up in the mail!  It looks like it was the final one up for sale, too!

VW7dRZS.jpg

and I just made this purchase today. Hands down the most expensive record I have ever purchased (I did manage to talk the price down to $200) - The story behind this record is kinda cool. EasyStreetRecords in West Seattle bought a SEALED box of Nirvana LPs from an Exec. that used to work for Geffen Records. There were 8 copies of In Utero that are pressed on clear vinyl which are still sealed and 6 copies of Nevermind with the gold promo stamp. None of these have ever seen the head of a needle and I can safely say that this copy of Nevermind is the mintiest copy you will ever find.

B6DE37EE-1EB3-476F-8622-AB17C816A1BA_zps

172DCA16-C6A0-4B7F-8E04-A4D9EE2332EB_zps

I just went to Seattle for the first time over New Years and went to Easy Street. Such an awesome place. I saw that record there and was wondering about it. Nice pick and sick story!

Today's purchases from Easy Street Records.....living two minutes away from this record shop is going to become VERY dangerous for me. :)

3F8E8CE3-DB9E-4CCD-AEEA-288BE47C9E08_zps

2158E6FA-681C-4F1E-9B32-9A012BB625BB_zps

And then I passed on this damn near mint condition Bowie record.....

F64CF97F-01EA-4BA5-AC27-ADC69BF446C8_zps

and they have this original 2003 MBV record.....I dont know much about this band but If memory serves me correctly, didn't someone in here just buy a bootleg copy of this same album?

8842A590-973C-4F4E-8B12-024A5FDFCFE8_zps

Today's purchases from Easy Street Records.....living two minutes away from this record shop is going to become VERY dangerous for me. :)

and they have this original 2003 MBV record.....I dont know much about this band but If memory serves me correctly, didn't someone in here just buy a bootleg copy of this same album?

Damn, dude. What do you do for work?

Does that Manson record have a corner notch?

Damn I saw mechanical animals for $50 at welfare records in Haverhill, MA a few months ago. Was tempted to buy it but didn't pull the trigger. Really wish I did. But that day I ended up with Hell-o by GWAR on red vinyl and 2pac greatest hits for $85 total so my wallet was hurting a bit anyway.

Damn, dude. What do you do for work?

I work for T-Mobile.....

Does that Manson record have a corner notch?

Yup, I bought it from one of the employees that works at ESR. He used to work for Interscope back in the day and said he got this for free before the album came out. We got to talking and as it turns out he has a bunch of stuff on vinyl from the late 90's early 2000's that he might unload here soon. I asked him to let me know what other manson and NIN items he has and he said I could have first pick. :)

Damn I saw mechanical animals for $50 at welfare records in Haverhill, MA a few months ago. Was tempted to buy it but didn't pull the trigger. Really wish I did. But that day I ended up with Hell-o by GWAR on red vinyl and 2pac greatest hits for $85 total so my wallet was hurting a bit anyway.

$50 is pretty cheap for an opened copy. I got mine for $65 about a year ago and its still in its original plastic wrap. The 2012 re-release really brought the price down on this album for a while but now its slowly starting to creep back up since that re-release was limited as well. 

*EDIT*

Well holy shit, the asking prices are waaaaaaay back up there again. If you look at the buying history you can see someone scored BIG TIME last month: Last sold on 01/04/2015 for $28.31

You can also try and ask this guy to sell you his SV pressing for $50-60 :) 

And it sounds fucking horrible.  Don't drop the money on it, no matter how cheap you can find it.  They butchered that album (and pretty much every album they ever put out).

I bought mine for $15 before I knew how bad it was and was still pissed, even though the aftermarket price was much much higher.