Recent purchases

Wanna say how much I love the new Merchnow layout. I just keep scrolling down now on their vinyl page and find tons of stuff that I thought was sold out.

Yesterday picked up: 
Four Year Strong-ST, HT variant, looks nice.

Peace'd Out-ST EP (For some reason it was only $4 so I went for it)
No Devotion-10,000 Summers (Merchnow had copies of the B/W preorder for sale I grabbed it because I missed them just barely).

Finally got an Elektra pressing of Television's 'Marquee Moon' for a pretty good price. Sounds real gooood!

Does anyone bid on Jerry's Records auctions? It's only the second time I actually won an auction from them, but they list some pretty good stuff every month.

Was looking at my "ordered but not yet received" list and it's gotten a bit absurd:

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American

Sleep - Holy Mountain

Ice Dragon - The Burl, The Earth, The Aether

The Good Life - Everyone's Coming Down

Moneen/Alexisonfire bundle from Dine Alone

The Appleseed Cast - Lost Songs

The Get Up Kids - Four Minute Mile (an extra copy...cuz...why not?)

Skeletonwitch - At One With The Shadows

Aloha - Home Acres        - Some Echos     - ...The Nonbelievers

Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls

Windhand - Grief's Infernal Flower

Was looking at my "ordered but not yet received" list and it's gotten a bit absurd:

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American

Sleep - Holy Mountain

Ice Dragon - The Burl, The Earth, The Aether

The Good Life - Everyone's Coming Down

Moneen/Alexisonfire bundle from Dine Alone

The Appleseed Cast - Lost Songs

The Get Up Kids - Four Minute Mile (an extra copy...cuz...why not?)

Skeletonwitch - At One With The Shadows

Aloha - Home Acres        - Some Echos     - ...The Nonbelievers

Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls

Windhand - Grief's Infernal Flower

Yeah I'm still waiting on the following to be delivered:

Margot & The Nuclear So And So's - Rot, Gut, Domestic

mewithoutYou - Pale Horses [Deluxe Edition]

The Good Life - Everybody's Coming Down [Deluxe Edition]

United Nations - United Nations [Deluxe Reissue]

Moneen - Are We Really Happy With Who We Are Right Now? [2xLP]

Silverstein - A Shipwreck In The Sand

Senses Fail - Pull The Thorns From Your Heart [Alternate Cover w/ Screen Printed Cover]

I am officially insane.

I don't even own a  turntable yet but I bought two used records today at a second hand shop. Well at least I'll have something to play when I DO get my turntable.

The first is Disney Disco: Since its related to my 70's/80's cassette and toy collecting hobby at least its something I know I'll want to keep around, if only to have something with 'Disney' on the label. Its in pretty good condition, but it needs a protective papar slip cover thing, it just have the cardboard outer cover with Minnie and Mickey doing the disco thing long before Goofy embarrassed his own kid at college with his groovyness.

The other is Air Supply's greatest hits, the second hand shop had TWO copies of this, I got the best one, which still had its inner protective paper cover with pictures of the band, and the outer cover of course.

They were $2 CAN each so I think I did all right. I'm afraid to buy anything brand new until I know what kind of turntable I'll have. I may end up getting a vintage turntable and who knows what it might do to a new record. Or is it the other way around, new stuff is numerous and old stuff is valuable? O.o Vinyl is so confusing this way.

I am officially insane.

I don't even own a turntable yet but I bought two used records today at a second hand shop. Well at least I'll have something to play when I DO get my turntable.

The first is Disney Disco: Since its related to my 70's/80's cassette and toy collecting hobby at least its something I know I'll want to keep around, if only to have something with 'Disney' on the label. Its in pretty good condition, but it needs a protective papar slip cover thing, it just have the cardboard outer cover with Minnie and Mickey doing the disco thing long before Goofy embarrassed his own kid at college with his groovyness.

The other is Air Supply's greatest hits, the second hand shop had TWO copies of this, I got the best one, which still had its inner protective paper cover with pictures of the band, and the outer cover of course.

They were $2 CAN each so I think I did all right. I'm afraid to buy anything brand new until I know what kind of turntable I'll have. I may end up getting a vintage turntable and who knows what it might do to a new record. Or is it the other way around, new stuff is numerous and old stuff is valuable? O.o Vinyl is so confusing this way.

That's how I started out. Well I picked up the Wall by pink Floyd for $2 and then a few records here and there before finding a turntable for $10. I used to buy a lot of used stuff before buying new. Then I realized I don't give a shit about $2 rock albums and want to actually sit down with something I want to listen to.

Now I try to only buy used stuff that's obscure or looks like it might be worth something. It also helps to have discogs and eBay at my disposal.

Uniform - perfect world

Creepoid - cemetery high rise slum

pinkshinyultrablast - st

wildhoney- sleep through it

Spray paint punters on barge

spectres dying

terrible feelings - tremors

holydrug couple Moonlust

eternal summers gold and stone

marriages - Salome

no joy- more faithful

institute catharsis

flesh world-wide animals in my life

grooms -comb feelings through your hair

stone roses st

erics trip -love sara

White manna pan

pale saints -comforts of madness

Ecstatic vision - sonic praise (should be here any day now)

2015_06_29_17_08_21.jpg

La Dispute- Somewhere at the Bottom... 7th Press Grey /750
Really pretty press, but a little noisy.

2015_06_29_17_12_51.jpg

In The Midst of Lions- Shadows White /350
Eight bucks (before shipping) in Facedown's website right now.

2015_06_29_17_15_35.jpg

Gideon-Costs "Gold/Purple Mix" /200
Looks great, sounds great, but the edges are ROUGH. I'm surprised it didn't slice through every seam on the sleeve.

2015_06_29_17_37_19.jpg

Devin Townsend Project- Z2 Boxset 180g Black
This boxset is really well done. Both albums (Dark Matters and Sky Blue) have their own thick gatefold sleeves. The artwork is great. It comes with a CD copy of both albums also. 

Ash - Kablammo! - LP
Fireworks - Oh, Common Life - Orange Vinyl LP /750
Funeral for a Friend - Hours: Live at Islington Academy - White Vinyl LP/DVD
Manic Street Preachers - You Love Us - 12" Single
MONO - 2015 US Tour Poster - POSTER
Superheaven - Ours Is Chrome - Black Vinyl LP with Highlighter Yellow Splatter /600
The Vaccines - English Graffitti - Red/Black Vinyl Double LP
Various Artists/Soundtrack - Don’t Think I've Forgotten: Cambodia's Lost Rock N Roll - CD

The Wrecking Crew - Blu-Ray
The Decline of Western Civilization Trilogy - Blu-Ray Box Set

q2WsC6C.jpg

Story time!

A few months ago, I sold my old turntable to this lady that wanted to do something nice for her husband. The husband had a load of vinyl, but nothing to play them on. She kept going on and on about how nice it would be for him to be able to play his records again. I sold the turntable for cheap.

Fast forward to Saturday. Out of the blue, I got a facebook message from her, saying that her husband is sick, and they needs money for the medical bills (even though Canadian health care is free, there are some things that are not covered, apparently), so she asked if I was interested in "a few records". Not really in the mood to buy anything, I agreed for her to send me a list of albums that are available.

I was expecting the albums that you find in the back of a dollar bin at a thrift store, but she took pictures of all 128 (yes, one hundred and twenty eight) records and sent them to me.

As I go through them, I start to realize that this guy has almost the same taste in music as I do, so I get interested.

Then, we came to a price. Like I mentioned, I was not in a mood to buy, so I wanted her to give me a price, so I could politely decline.

After some hums and ha's, she said "even at 50ct a piece, I'd be happy, so $60 for the whole collection".

I texted my wife, who happened to be in the same town as the seller at that time, asking her if she could swing by.

About an hour after the initial message, I was the owner of 128 records.

Ok, so most of the sleeves have seen better days. The collection was stored in, I'm guessing, a somewhat humid basement for years, but the vinyl itself seems to be in excellent shape.

Oh, what's in the collection? Aerosmith, Rod Stewart, Queen, Heart, Lynrd Skynyrd, Boston, Fleetwood Mac, Black Sabbath, Kiss, Santana, Bob Dylan, Hendrix, Starz, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd and a lot more..

'twas a very fruitful day at the Flea Market on Sunday:

records.jpg

Aretha Franklin - Lady Soul

The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night

Derek & The Dominos - Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs

Eagles - Hotel California

George Harrison - All Things Must Pass

James Brown - Live At The Apollo, Vol. 2

Michael Jackson - Thriller

Pink Floyd - Meddle

Sly & The Family Stone - Fresh

Sly & The Family Stone - Greatest Hits

U2 - Joshua Tree

The Who - Quadrophenia (soundtrack)

Rocky Soundtrack

Star Wars Soundtrack

and because I had a couple bucks left in my pocket, some 7" 80s cheese:

Billy Joel - Uptown Girl

Bon Jovi - Runaway

Heart - Alone

Journey - Open Arms

The Outfield - Your Love

Michael Jackson - The Way You Make Me Feel

Styx - Come Sail Away

I scored at the record store today. All of these for about 30$

YxV0wjO.png

b6M9zRt.jpg

Cult Leader - Useless Animal - Gold

Swamp Thing - In Shame - Maroon Marble/500

Soldiers - End Of Days - Blue/50

Stick To Your Guns - Comes From The Heart - Half Clear/Highlighter Yellow/2000

Month of June for me:

'68 - "Midnight" [ 3rd Press | Tri-color Red/White/Blue | #500 ]

'68 - "In Humor And Sadness" [ 2nd Press | Pink Marble | #250 ]

August Burns Red - "Found In Far Away Places" [ Hot Topic Exclusive | Oxblood | #300 ]

The Devil Wears Prada - "Space EP" [ Black | #100 ]

OST - C418 - "Minecraft: Volume Alpha" [ 3D Lenticular Cover | Translucent Green | #1000 ]

OST - Mark Mothersbaugh - "The Lego Movie" [ Record Store Day 2015 Exclusive | 2xLP | Picture Disc | #2000 ]

OST - Nelson Riddle - "Batman Exclusive Original 1960's Television Show" [ 3rd Press ]

OST - Various - "Nacho Libre" [ 2xLP | Blue w/Black Streaks | #500 ]

OST - Various - "Napoleon Dynamite [ 2xLP | Blue | #500 ]

June Orders

King Gizzard: Float Along/Oddments 2xLP (US Version), I'm in Your Mind Fuzz (Pink & Bone Swirl)

White Fence - Cyclops Reap (Red Variant)

Mac DeMarco - Another One (Deluxe)

Wand: Ganglion Reef, Machine Man 7" (ordered within the first hour, fingers crossed for grey)

Wavves x Cloud Nothings - No Life For Me (Red)