Post Your Record Storage Area

setup_2012-2.jpg

setup_2012-1.jpg

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the turntable is a Denon DP300F, amp is a Harman Kardon 3390 and speakers are Polk Audio.

Crazy. I had exactly the same setup for years. I still have the DP300F and the Harmon Kardon 3390, but I bought some BIC Venturi DV84's to replace the Polk Monitor 60s I had. The bass response is much better, and they were way cheaper. What do you think of the DP300F? I love mine.

Crazy. I had exactly the same setup for years. I still have the DP300F and the Harmon Kardon 3390, but I bought some BIC Venturi DV84's to replace the Polk Monitor 60s I had. The bass response is much better, and they were way cheaper. What do you think of the DP300F? I love mine.

Ha! That's a funny coincidence.

I love that turntable! It looks classy and people are always amazed when they see my setup. In fact, most people have no idea that vinyl records are still being made.

I much prefer an automatic compared to a manual. No need for speed box either. I also added a good power bar for the sake of keeping my electronics working if something horrible happens. I think I'll upgrade the cart to a Grado Red next year for the sake of better sound when the needle will be due for a replacement. My speakers were from a killer deal so I got them right away but I know that I'll want to upgrade them too.

I never had any issue with it. To tell you the truth, I tought I would find flaws with time but there is none so far. I've had it for about 3 years now. The integrated pre-amp is not super but I don't need it anyway with the HK. Highly recommended but it seems to be discarded by most folks who shop for a $300-$500 turntable and I wonder why.

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty sure this topic comes up every 2 pages of this thread. Not owning a bangin' system (can't afford one, would rather spend more dough on music quantity, or don't give a shit) doesn't mean that you have a lesser appreciation for the vinyl format. Some are audiophiles and want to bring the recording session to their living room, some want to hold a good record, spin it and feel more connected to the artist by experiencing them though a physical/audio medium, many seek the feeling of ownership or stock in a band by hording everything they've released (ending up with more variations of releases than the band members themselves own) and the rest buy records to know they have it, can visualize that they have it and pull it out when the time, mood and situation is right. I'm not one to prefer quantity over quality (whether than means set-up wise or pressing wise). If you're pleased, it's good enough. Organize your setup after what pleases you, not what pleases a message board.

(yay! 1st post drunk on box wine. shit's underrated. throw some dust on a box of unnamed merlot and boom. fit for the pope.)

This is perfect.

That doesnt look like its even hooked up. But VC to the proper stacking etiquitte of a machine made over 3 decades ago that you have to blow into games and pray that the screen doesnt freeze

I believe he was just fucking around and making a joke.

Also, it's a simple $8 fix to not have to deal with problems with old Nintendo systems. 

• jhulud locked this topic