2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

Anyone know anything about the Nick Cave & Warren Ellis "West Of Memphis" release? They already released this last year, but it's not a single LP and certainly not something I would list as a Nick Cave release. I haven't seen the film myself, but I'm hoping it used more original Cave/Ellis compositions in it that may represented on this release.

Early leaks were making this set of releases look pretty weak, but there are a handful of things that I plan on picking up now. The Pogues with Joe Strummer, Spacemen 3, Phosphorescent, Space Project, Tim Timebomb, Mazzy Star and the aforementioned Nick Cave & Warren Ellis are all things I will likely pick up. Perhaps the Johnny Cash, Hank Williams,  J. Spaceman/Kid Millions, Velvet Underground and Bardo Pond releases depending on price/content/availability.

Anyone know anything about the Nick Cave & Warren Ellis "West Of Memphis" release? They already released this last year, but it's not a single LP and certainly not something I would list as a Nick Cave release. I haven't seen the film myself, but I'm hoping it used more original Cave/Ellis compositions in it that may represented on this release.

Unlike the release that you linked to, this is just the score apparently.  Here is what it stated on the release sheet.

1 LP white vinyl - West Of Memphis Soundtrack (never before released score)

Unlike the release that you linked to, this is just the score apparently. Here is what it stated on the release sheet.

1 LP white vinyl - West Of Memphis Soundtrack (never before released score)

YES! I have wanted to buy that but just wanted the Ellis/Cave stuff. I am so screwed financially this RSD.

http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com -

"Tame Impala Live Versions 12" (8 tracks recorded in 2013 in Chicago.   Live arrangements are intentionally different than studio versions and were picked by the band) (5000 copies)"

Really interested about this tracklist.  This will be a must buy for me no matter what songs are on it

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/951660/pinback-pinback

Is it possible that is only 12 bucks?

I'd be a little skeptical especially since one release I've got my eye on is listed at $8 there while another store I've been in contact with said it was going to be $20. 

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE

SRP for Pinback is $20.97. 

http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com -

"Tame Impala Live Versions 12" (8 tracks recorded in 2013 in Chicago.   Live arrangements are intentionally different than studio versions and were picked by the band) (5000 copies)"

Really interested about this tracklist.  This will be a must buy for me no matter what songs are on it

Same here. That went on my "Must List" as soon as I heard of it.

I'd say you pretty much mailed it.

On your point about what fans want (better mastering, packaging, etc) I like to see things that were never put out before, IE The Pogues with Strummer singing, All Shook Down, and not reissues of items that can be found for a few bucks like Fleetwood Macs Rumors.

Obviously, that would be preferable, but I do think there is a place in the marketplace for clean well-pressed editions of classic albums. They sell well. Many of those are "first release" or "windowed" titles, because it does kind of make sense that Fleetwood Mac, Aerosmith, Notorious B.I.G., Nirvana, etc. records should be widely available. Know what I mean? 

It's a little different when you turn to 90s and 00s punk & metal, because the quantities on the used market are much lower. People who buy releases on labels like Victory seem to be pretty happy to have straight reissues on colored vinyl. I assume it's because they missed out on them first time around. Labels like Sundazed and Varese Sarabande also do a nice job of reissuing things that really deserve a new life.

It's always great when labels or artists choose to issue previously unheard music and that really was what I was hoping for back in 2007. We are lucky that there are so many prolific current artists like Xiu Xiu, as someone else mentioned in this thread. Then you've got labels like Omnivore who excel in finding unreleased stuff. Some people are really excited about their Jaco release. RSD's crazy grown makes it a lot more likely that amazing things will continue to be released.

Thanks.

because they guilty as fucc, but I don't wanna take this thread off track, so let's leave it at that (though I'll gladly discuss in an OT thread)

Feel free to start a thread in EE discussing your claim. I'd love to hear your explanation for how they committed the murders without leaving any DNA behind at the crime scene.

Feel free to start a thread in EE discussing your claim. I'd love to hear your explanation for how they committed the murders without leaving any DNA behind at the crime scene.

Too easy:

1) The killers dumped the victims in a creek ditch. The bodies and clothes spent 18 hours underwater before discovery, washing away virtually any and all DNA possibilities.

2) The killers used ditch water to clean off the bank area where the killings took place. (Police noted that the crime scene looked "slicked off" as if it had been washed clean.)

3) The crime scene was in a heavily trafficked area near an interstate, frequented by neighborhood people and transients, making it difficult to determine which physical evidence might be connected to the crime. 

4) Searchers walked through the area for hours before the bodies were discovered, and the searchers who found the bodies trampled the actual murder site. 

5) A police officer removed all three corpses from the ditch before forensic experts arrived.

Fibers were found on the victims’ clothes that matched clothes seized from Echols’ and Baldwin’s homes. This evidence was presented at the trials of Damian and Jason.

Too easy:

1) The killers dumped the victims in a creek ditch. The bodies and clothes spent 18 hours underwater before discovery, washing away virtually any and all DNA possibilities.

2) The killers used ditch water to clean off the bank area where the killings took place. (Police noted that the crime scene looked "slicked off" as if it had been washed clean.)

3) The crime scene was in a heavily trafficked area near an interstate, frequented by neighborhood people and transients, making it difficult to determine which physical evidence might be connected to the crime. 

4) Searchers walked through the area for hours before the bodies were discovered, and the searchers who found the bodies trampled the actual murder site. 

5) A police officer removed all three corpses from the ditch before forensic experts arrived.

Fibers were found on the victims’ clothes that matched clothes seized from Echols’ and Baldwin’s homes. This evidence was presented at the trials of Damian and Jason.

Not to further derail, but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EcJCp--_d0

Recorded after they were convicted, then retired from being played live after they were released.

In for that "Unclouded Sky" release goddamn it sounds so good. I can't help but think of a buddhist dracula with a beard near a Japanese cherry blossom in Yosemite park near a ravine when I hear that sample track.

Has this been posted? Ty Segall, John Dwyer and others collaborating. (If it's been posted sorry I only went as far back as 4 pages... there is a ton to dig through!)

The Jeffrey Lee Pierce Sessions Project

First 2 singles going to be released on RSD only 666 made and will be followed by a whole album due May 2nd.

http://label.glitterhouse.com/upcoming.php?show=193

JLP_7inch.jpg

Tame Impala Live Versions 12" (8 tracks recorded in 2013 in Chicago.   Live arrangements are intentionally different than studio versions and were picked by the band) (5000 copies)

​Yes! Looks like a healthy amount of copies to me... Shouldn't be too hard to grab one of these then...

Damn also a Sky Ferreira I wonder if it's a record release of the GHOST EP! Shit!

This is a pretty good looking list... 

http://modern-vinyl.com/2014/02/19/record-store-day-2014-the-list-so-far/

Sky Ferreira probably the same cover just PIC DISC style it seems

Some notables I saw...

Quincy Jones Italian Job OST

Xiu Xiu Greatest Hits /100 ! wtf!

This is a pretty good looking list...

http://modern-vinyl.com/2014/02/19/record-store-day-2014-the-list-so-far/

Sky Ferreira probably the same cover just PIC DISC style it seems

Some notables I saw...

Quincy Jones Italian Job OST

Xiu Xiu Greatest Hits /100 ! wtf!