Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

4 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

The IR box is gorgeous (AMSP's looks even better) but the size drives me crazy. Doesn't fit in my shelving units vertically so I have to angle the thing. Hoping the height of this new one is the exact same, if not a tad shorter.

flip it .. it fits but you dont get the title on the spine... you dont need to the title on the spine to know what album it is.

*whoopsie daisies.. timsimmons beat me to it.

Edited by Cloudsbelow

Very very excited for this especially since I missed out on the In Rainbows box because I didn't have a working record player at the time of release. I got the special edition King Of Limbs but I felt pretty disappointed by that set. This is the first time I've cared enough to get excited for a shitty un-boxing video.

The special edition looks great and I love the stylized unboxing video. It was too much coin for me to drop on it, but I'm jealous of all the artwork. Makes me think back to the OK Computer and Kid A artwork that came with the CD versions and wishing that was just part of the standard edition.

My appreciation of the special edition IR and KOL really comes down to them being a better presentation of the music.  They sound better, plain and simple.  Admittedly, I am not one who appreciates album artwork, lyric sheets, inserts, gatefolds, etc etc.. I just want the best sound possible.  If they could press KidA better than the new 12" release, Id buy it.. same with the early parlophone amnesiac.. I will be a bit chuffed if the AMSP special edition is just a repackaged version of the standard pressing.

10 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Haven't received anything yet. Although USPS shows a Media mail package coming my way from somewhere in PA that I can't think of what it would be. But I thought these would be coming from the UK? 

Based on the info from WASTE it looks like these were deployed to various locations worldwide for more local packing and shipping. 

1 minute ago, kannibal said:

Based on the info from WASTE it looks like these were deployed to various locations worldwide for more local packing and shipping. 

Maybe that's it then. Because it just moved yesterday after being processed and waiting for USPS to pick it up for about a week now. 

Actually, that's what it is. It says it's coming from Asendia. Which a simple google search yielded Asendia being an international shipping company. Will be here on Monday. 

10 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Maybe that's it then. Because it just moved yesterday after being processed and waiting for USPS to pick it up for about a week now. 

Actually, that's what it is. It says it's coming from Asendia. Which a simple google search yielded Asendia being an international shipping company. Will be here on Monday. 

Yeah, mine showed up in MyUSPS a few days ago and is still waiting to be picked up. AMSP is the only incoming record I have that this could be... unless I completely whiffed on logging a preorder.

My package is coming from Folcroft, PA via Ascendia. Please be it!

30 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Yeah, mine showed up in MyUSPS a few days ago and is still waiting to be picked up. AMSP is the only incoming record I have that this could be... unless I completely whiffed on logging a preorder.

Yup, that's it. My package originated from the same place. 

30 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Yup, that's it. My package originated from the same place.