Vinylize it

15 minutes ago, nancy_raygun said:

I think I'm most upset by the verb "Vinylize".  It makes me feel like I need to take a long look at my life and priorities.

"Vinylize it" is actually my mantra.  I say it every morning, and when life starts to get rough I always stop and think..."nah man, just vinylize it"

Introducing QROOVE (pronounced "groove", inexplicably spelled with a Q), a new listening platform that delivers an innovative vinyl experience with a modern ease of use and a visually-strong design and marketing aesthetic.  Each month, a dedicated member of our QROOVE QREW (pronounced "groove crew", for some reason the second Q is now annunciated as a Q) curates one new hand-picked vinyl album-of-the-month subscription for you, selecting from companies like VNYL, Vinyl Me Please, QRATE, Vinyl Moon, Delicious Vinyl, The Drop, VinylLoop, and other vinyl subscription services.  This month's album-of-the-month vinyl subscription service is REQORD (pronounced "re-que-ord", just roll with it), a new listening platform that delivers an innovative vinyl experience with a modern ease of use and a visually-strong design and marketing aesthetic.  Each month, a dedicated member of their REQORD SQUAD (pronounced "re-que-ord s-que-AH-dee") curates 12 of your top iPhone voice memos as voted on by the RQORD QMMUNITY (pronunciation unknown at this time) and presses them on to heavy virgin vinyl.  Note: The FKA Twigs and Vampire Weekend albums shown in the graphic below are for educational purposes only and will not, at any time, be a part of any vinyl subscription service you ever sign up for, whether it's this or any other service.  Get your #QROOVE on.

fkatwigs-lp1-regular-1_grande.jpg?v=1409

aa7ce81e43f411e3a2f822000a9e0707_8.jpg

Screen-Shot-2015-06-24-at-4.13.28-PM-630

Edited by lake eerie

46 minutes ago, lake eerie said:

Introducing QROOVE (pronounced "groove", inexplicably spelled with a Q), a new listening platform that delivers an innovative vinyl experience with a modern ease of use and a visually-strong design and marketing aesthetic.  Each month, a dedicated member of our QROOVE QREW (pronounced "groove crew", for some reason the second Q is now annunciated as a Q) curates one new hand-picked vinyl album-of-the-month subscription for you, selecting from companies like VNYL, Vinyl Me Please, QRATE, Vinyl Moon, Delicious Vinyl, The Drop, VinylLoop, and other vinyl subscription services.  This month's album-of-the-month vinyl subscription service is REQORD (pronounced "re-que-ord", just roll with it), a new listening platform that delivers an innovative vinyl experience with a modern ease of use and a visually-strong design and marketing aesthetic.  Each month, a dedicated member of their REQORD SQUAD (pronounced "re-que-ord s-que-AH-dee") curates 12 of your top iPhone voice memos as voted on by the RQORD QMMUNITY (pronunciation unknown at this time) and presses them on to heavy virgin vinyl.  Note: The FKA Twigs and Vampire Weekend albums shown in the graphic below are for educational purposes only and will not, at any time, be a part of any vinyl subscription service you ever sign up for, whether it's this or any other service.  Get your #QROOVE on.

shutupandtakemymoney.gif

10 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Actually if you look at the updated Modern Vinyl article about it, it will not be the Soundcloud digital files going onto vinyl. Bassically it's just a suggestion platform where we all complain about why a particular album isn't on vinyl yet. Once it get's enough likes, then it will notify the artist to create a project on QRATES. 

From there, the artist will be able to select whatever media they want on the record. So yes, some could be lazy and just give them what came out of Ableton or Logic, but they can choose to go to a studio, get it mastered, and send those. Records are pressed by GZ media.

So with all that said. No clue how to feel about it. Good idea, but I feel like without proper guidance artists will upload some shit digital copy anyways. 

So it's a crowdsourcing site to get artists to get on a crowdfunding site in hopes that maybe just maybe their record will be pressed?

Miss me with this.

2 hours ago, Green Tea Papi said:

So it's a crowdsourcing site to get artists to get on a crowdfunding site in hopes that maybe just maybe their record will be pressed?

Miss me with this.

Yeah... bassically just a way to drum up business for their other business which is QRATES. Honestly don't know why you wouldn't just build it in as a new feature to the same business. That would make at least some sense....

6 hours ago, lake eerie said:

Dammit. I want to call you a tryhard loser for this...but I just enjoyed it way too much. Well played.