Brand New - Deja Entendu

CD fool, iPods didn't become popular until '04-'05.

Right. But those that purchased the CD when it came out most likely ripped the files to their iTunes when they purchased their iPod a few years after. Those that didn't, bought it online or illegally downloaded the files. Most people will have no use for the download code.

Semi-serious. I just find it unnecessary. I'm sure 95% of the people that purchase this on RSD or down the road already have this album digitally.

As someone who has had several harddrives crash and iPods stolen between 2004 and now, I appreciate digital downloads. Sure I could pirate it but my what.CD account got banned for inactivity when I didn't have a computer for a year and I'm lazy.

Whether most codes go unused or not it's a nice gesture for labels to be like "Hey, you bought this so here are the MP3s hassle free."

As someone who has had several harddrives crash and iPods stolen between 2004 and now, I appreciate digital downloads. Sure I could pirate it but my what.CD account got banned for inactivity when I didn't have a computer for a year and I'm lazy.

Whether most codes go unused or not it's a nice gesture for labels to be like "Hey, you bought this so here are the MP3s hassle free."

^

And on that note, I finally posted in the Deja Thread.  Yeahhhhhh buddy.

damn I was hoping to be the first to show off my advance copy, but I was beat to it looks like. I opened mine and its the same artwork so spread the word on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook and HotShot and stuff. I crumpled the paper some because of trying to get it off but I'm so pumped.

WP_20150408_12_23_27_Pro_zpsbgkkocl4.jpg

I hear the super rare RSD version comes in a Plastic shopping bag though...

this is very true, but they are super limited as the plastic bags are bad for the environment. Its a statement made by the band about how RSD is both good and beneficial to the market and keeps it going, brown recyclable bags, and how it is very hurtful but only a small number of true people realize the damage its doing, hence the small amount of hurtful plastic bags in the run. Shit runs super deep man. Illuminati, not my president, and so forth.

this is very true, but they are super limited as the plastic bags are bad for the environment. Its a statement made by the band about how RSD is both good and beneficial to the market and keeps it going, brown recyclable bags, and how it is very hurtful but only a small number of true people realize the damage its doing, hence the small amount of hurtful plastic bags in the run. Shit runs super deep man. Illuminati, not my president, and so forth.

HammerNail.jpg?

I'm going to post this information in here (a Brand New thread) for the sake of posting it in here. Do with it what you want.

Read this:

http://www.fadedindustry.com/ppl-mvr-brand-news-hidden-hype-button-new-love-bees/

Summary: somehow a "band" that may or may not be related to BN was on the "hype" link back when fightoffyourdemons.com changed a few months back. (side note- later or earlier it changed to "node" and sent a link to a site about how sounds have a profound on humans physically and mentally). It's impossible to determine if these guys are members of Brand New, a joke, completely unrelated, or just friends. Either way, a "node" is a connecting point between two things...and the song by PPLMVR is called "People Mover." Whatever.

http://www.amazon.com/One-Only-Ppl-Mvr-ONLY/dp/B00UN7F9A6/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1428524239&sr=1-1&keywords=ppl+mvr May 4, 2015 release date.

Personally, I think it's pretty good. I'll probably buy it just because.

Have fun with it. Speculation is neat!

Just add to the fun...PPL MVR is playing at Hard Rock Hotel in Palm Springs tomorrow. Guess which other band is off tomorrow...Fucking Brand New.

Whoa thats kinda crazy. I never heard about all this, but that PPL MVR song is sweet! I did some more digging out of curiosity and found that both PPLMVR.CO and FIGHTOFFYOURDEMONS.COM are both domains that are registered under GoDaddy, with the latter being under Wild West Domains, which is a reseller of GoDaddy. Also if you go here you can see a snapshot of their site about 9 years ago with them using the writing without vowels thing a lot, so thats definitely something I could see making sense going with the name PPL MVR. "fght ff yr dmns". I effing love the mystery behind them now.  

Whoa thats kinda crazy. I never heard about all this, but that PPL MVR song is sweet! I did some more digging out of curiosity and found that both PPLMVR.CO and FIGHTOFFYOURDEMONS.COM are both domains that are registered under GoDaddy, with the latter being under Wild West Domains, which is a reseller of GoDaddy. Also if you go here you can see a snapshot of their site about 9 years ago with them using the writing without vowels thing a lot, so thats definitely something I could see making sense going with the name PPL MVR. "fght ff yr dmns". I effing love the mystery behind them now.

I can't stop listening to it lol.

Crazy good work on that research! :D

I'm convinced.

Random side note: that PPL MVR album comes out on a Monday(?!?!), the day prior to Deja. What if the ENTIRE Deja release is really just the PPL MVR release and we'll find out when RSD'ers rip off that SWEET, SWEET brown paper bag to find the One and Only PPL MVR LP!? I'd be so stoked (and simultaneously bummed haha)!

Level 2 of Project Deja-Ception: What if the above is true, but the whole PPL MVR is a front for the NEW Brand New album and all of this Deja repress is a Death Grips level troll and actually the new BN material!?!

*Scanners.gif*