WHIRR - Sway LP (out on 9/23) and Pipe Dreams Redux

I understand how free speech works, guys...

The question I'm posing is: Isn't it equally (if not more) hateful to wish death on someone than to make fun of them for their gender orientation? As a society are we really going down this road where it's less acceptable to be politically incorrect than it is to wish harm on another human being, even if they are shitty people?

Again, I don't agree with what Whirr said, but aren't these people equally guilty of hate?

I understand how free speech works, guys...

The question I'm posing is: Isn't it equally (if not more) hateful to wish death on someone than to make fun of them for their gender orientation? As a society are we really going down this road where it's less acceptable to be politically incorrect than it is to wish harm on another human being, even if they are shitty people?

Again, I don't agree with what Whirr said, but aren't these people equally guilty of hate?

Can't speak for everyone else, but I don't think anyone should be killed or lynched over Twitter posts. I just think Nick (or his "friend") is a trashy degenerate, and I won't be spending money to obtain his music or support him live. That's all.

Personally, and again this is my opinion, I have nothing against anyone in the LGBTIQ community as I have friends & family who are a part of the community but I really don't understand all these death threats everyone is making to the band directly. "I hope you get robbed & beat up", "I hope your tour van flips and you all die" is going a little overboard on the morale compass. I enjoy the band's music and will continue to enjoy it, I just really feel bad for all the other members of the band, Eddie has always been a really nice and awesome guy, I have spoken to him a handful of time, Joey is also a great guy who tours with Best Coast so might as well boycott that band as well if you are gonna go all out, & you can tell Loren has never really been fond of some of these narcissistic comments thrown around under the bands banner but once again my opinion.. Also anyone willing to toss their Whirr/Nothing Discography throw me an offer first before you bowl it..

Can't speak for everyone else, but I don't think anyone should be killed or lynched over Twitter posts. I just think Nick (or his "friend") is a trashy degenerate, and I won't be spending money to obtain his music or support him live. That's all.

Oh, yeah. It's no one on here. People on Twitter were saying that stuff.

Whoever was saying that stuff as Whirr definitely a garbage person and they don't deserve our support.

Nick was really humble and kind in the email correspondence I've had in the past. I do feel bad for all the collateral damage from one person's actions. Emotions are high due to the freshness, I am unwilling to continue to support them unless they make an attempt to atone for their actions larger than the twitter cop out but I think in the age of the internet where everything is immortalized we have become less forgiving of past transgressions. I see no reason to forgive yet, but we are still in the first 24 hours only time will tell if they try to repent or maybe it will destroy the band. It's one of the only shoegaze bands I've enjoyed since the glory days so I really hope they try to make up for their actions I'm pretty heavily invested at this point, and I try to have faith there is good in most people and that they are capable of changing.

I saw someone talking about political correctness and I would like to point out that there is a difference between being politically incorrect and being a total asshole. Being politically incorrect would be like saying "hey I know most people like this but I like this and I'm sticking to my opinion". Being an asshole is like saying "Hey trans people you should kill yourself". And last I checked, being an asshole at any job where you aren't the boss can get you fired and I'm 100% okay with that. I work with customers all day and have to watch my mouth, why shouldn't this douche? Even if he has different opinions or whatever...

I'm so bored about typical internet shit like this...With "shit" i mean the band twits and the 90% of the replies......I can say without any doubt that i will buy an eventual new Whirr record if i like it.......Our record collections are full of good music done by assholes.....I don't know who wrote that shit and i'm not interested in.....Because he's just someone that tried to be sarcastic but was just cheesy.....

I'm so bored about typical internet shit like this...With "shit" i mean the band twits and the 90% of the replies......I can say without any doubt that i will buy an eventual new Whirr record if i like it.......Our record collections are full of good music done by assholes.....I don't know who wrote that shit and i'm not interested in.....Because he's just someone that tried to be sarcastic but was just cheesy.....

I think what most of the people in this thread are saying is when you buy a record, you invite that artist into your house and around your friends and family. Some, if not most people do not wish to have transphobic/homophobic/racist/bigoted pricks in their home.

I guess I'm one of the few people that separate musicians personal lives with the music. If I started to care about what every musician or actor said on social media I'd probably just listen to the wind blow and watch clouds pass.

I think what most of the people in this thread are saying is when you buy a record, you invite that artist into your house and around your friends and family. Some, if not most people do not wish to have transphobic/homophobic/racist/bigoted pricks in their home.

I'm currently trying to find a copy of Charles Manson Lie: The Love and Terror Cult... which at this point sounds more acceptable than a Whirr album.

And what i'm trying to say is that what i read doesn't clarify if who wrote this stupid things is a prick os just a cheesy dude that doesn't know the difference between sarcasm and vulgarity.....

I guess I'm one of the few people that separate musicians personal lives with the music. If I started to care about what every musician or actor said on social media I'd probably just listen to the wind blow and watch clouds pass.

I'm currently trying to find a copy of Charles Manson Lie: The Love and Terror Cult... which at this point sounds more acceptable than a Whirr album.

100% agree...

^ what he said. A lot of your favorite musicians are probably not very good people.

if they are bad people, i am not aware of it. thus creating a happy little world they all live in until there is proof otherwise.

someone does something i deem bad or inappropriate; im done.

its that easy.