Jakob Thread: LP5 Hype Edition

• 1 month later...

Yes, was hoping it would slide under the radar, but looks like Alexander priced it to temper the shark infested blood bath it could have been. Still might be.  He definitely overpriced the Avotor lathe.

Is that one Don was looking for forever? Can't remember. Sure is a hefty price tag there though.

Yep, the great white shark. Dude contacted me on discogs a couple of years ago, I made an offer, and he has been sitting on it ever since. He messaged me it was going up as he is trying to max out his return. I imagine he contacted every one on discogs want list.

Hey Ig88 - did he message you?

Once upon a time, I was really hungry for that record.  But then I had the Solace TPs and disposed of them to a more fitting owner, and that sort of took my fever for this away.

I'm not sandbagging or pokerface/BS anything, I really don't think I'm in it for that much, guys. :ph34r:

So, I'm officially down as saying I will not be bidding on it at $110 + AUS shipping

Cale:Drew and Subsets pressings are more interesting to me right now, and all depends on the variants offered what I'll pick up since no longer completist on Jakob. 

edit:  I'd probably go $50 + shipping.

The Avotor lathe /50 is on discogs for $20 + $10 shipping, more realistic.

If you ever feel that way about your ITTCT & Cloudkicker tests let me know ;)

The Cloudkickers are yours for cost, so start saving your pennies, selling records and working OT.  Also have another record you want that is sealed, for cost (no international shipping to tack on).  No time limit, I 'll hold them until you can schwing it. PM me.   I have to keep the ITTCT; it's an heirloom ....or SHTF survivall sell.

he sure did. honestly, I'd really prefer if everyone stayed off this auction and let me win it.

I'm not running it up brother. Love to see you finally get this since you have several years ahead of me hunting for it.

The Cloudkickers are yours for cost, so start saving your pennies, selling records and working OT. Also have another record you want that is sealed, for cost (no international shipping to tack on). No time limit, I 'll hold them until you can schwing it. PM me. I have to keep the ITTCT; it's an heirloom ....or SHTF survivall sell.

I'm not running it up brother. Love to see you finally get this since you have several years ahead of me hunting for it.

I'll be in touch! As far as ITTCT I would never let that one go either haha. Trying to negotiate with this doofus on ebay but it's not going well as you can imagine.

Ok I've derailed the thread enough.

• Derek™ changed the title to Jakob Thread: LP5 Hype Edition