Jakob Thread: LP5 Hype Edition

That was my first guess as well, but then again the mock-up looks different, without any black colour.

If anyone's looking for "Solace" at non-eBay prices, try emailing Graveface. They just got a bunch of stock back from distributors and I know they had at least a couple copies.

I don't really appreciate the way Graveface has gone about selling those copies so far. The previous one's that were recovered after that court case deal were on sale for 44$ through Kickstarter. I understand that they're a small label and all but that seems a bit harsh to me. There were like +30 copies as well.

Or perhaps I'm just bitter that I didn't manage/couldn't afford to snag one. Maybe I'd be singing a different tune if I had. Still seems a lot, even for a double LP.

That was my first guess as well, but then again the mock-up looks different, without any black colour.

I don't really appreciate the way Graveface has gone about selling those copies so far. The previous one's that were recovered after that court case deal were on sale for 44$ through Kickstarter. I understand that they're a small label and all but that seems a bit harsh to me. There were like +30 copies as well.

Or perhaps I'm just bitter that I didn't manage/couldn't afford to snag one. Maybe I'd be singing a different tune if I had. Still seems a lot, even for a double LP.

The copies that are being sold right now have nothing to do with the ones that were held hostage in the warehouse. Those were priced a little higher because it was sort of a fundraiser. I'm pretty sure that the copies right now are being sold for less than that.

On the other hand, Mylene Sheath sells OOP copies of their own releases for double or more every Thursday and no one cares.

The copies that are being sold right now have nothing to do with the ones that were held hostage in the warehouse. Those were priced a little higher because it was sort of a fundraiser. I'm pretty sure that the copies right now are being sold for less than that.

On the other hand, Mylene Sheath sells OOP copies of their own releases for double or more every Thursday and no one cares.

All this ^  I'd prefer to give Graveface my money here, but not sure if I'll have an opportunity since I'm not a club member.

isn't it more likely to just be a second pressing or something? considering how fast they sold out on release the demand is probably there

I imagine they would've mentioned a repress in a prior newsletter, like they always do. And considering how quickly they seem to sell out during the Thursday night special - where they're being sold exclusively - it feels like they're only selling < 10 per week. Not to mention it's just one variant – when's the last time Mylene has repressed an album on just one colorway? Thinking back to the ITTCT represses, and all the Caspian represses... it just doesn't seem likely. But I guess you never know.

and all the copies on the indiegogo campaign sold for $44 because the record sells for more. I looked at discogs and the last 6 went for $60-80 and the only available one is over 100 or some bs.

Anyways, mine was $30 I think it was worth it.

Edit: Selling a new pressing at a marked up price because the old one goes for a lot is a dick move *cough triple crown and Mineral repress US label I forgot the name of* (I love you Glacial Pace). Selling the old expensive press far below the market value YEARS after it was considered sold out I have no issue with.

There was indeed another haze version, sold out during thursday specials though.

http://mylenesheath.com/products/jakob-sines-2xlp

Trust me, it's not sold out yet. There will be more opportunities. That's all I've got to say about the numbers, J&L will post in due time, I'm  sure.

And it's Clear/Red and Clear/Orange in real life (sorry  no pics yet) not the White Strawberry and Orange Cream Lifesavers look like the pictures appear. Still, as always, a killer variant, and I'm glad I was able to snag one.

Trust me, it's not sold out yet. There will be more opportunities. That's all I've got to say about the numbers, J&L will post in due time, I'm  sure.

And it's Clear/Red and Clear/Orange in real life (sorry  no pics yet) not the White Strawberry and Orange Cream Lifesavers look like the pictures appear. Still, as always, a killer variant, and I'm glad I was able to snag one.

I don't understand why they don't add a simple one line description, or post a picture of the actual item for sale. I've came close to pulling the trigger on this on more than one occasion - thanks for clarifying that the actual variant is different than what is pictured.

I imagine they would've mentioned a repress in a prior newsletter, like they always do. And considering how quickly they seem to sell out during the Thursday night special - where they're being sold exclusively - it feels like they're only selling < 10 per week. Not to mention it's just one variant – when's the last time Mylene has repressed an album on just one colorway? Thinking back to the ITTCT represses, and all the Caspian represses... it just doesn't seem likely. But I guess you never know.

i've never bought anything from them before sines, it was just a guess

Jakob is one of those 3 or 4 bands, that when I first heard them, I said "Where have you (I) been? I've been waiting for you" -like an epiphany, or coming home.

So I have to really contain myself writing about them.  And the strings on the new album - i may have already posted but too lazy to  scroll back - a natural, logical progression in their development and aging in the instrumental universe, but they didn't set well with me at first --especially after hyping them so much to you all here.  I thought like Cale:Drew flowed into Solace, so Solace would flow into Sines.

But it wasn't long before I appreciated the contrasts and a 'relief and release' to the mounting tension and pummeling that comes in other parts of Sines. (obviously my brain isn't cut out for continuous hardcore, need those contrasts and breaks)  I still enjoy the opener though it should be worn out by now, my brother's favorite is Magna Carta, but for me Resolve is the summit track. I love their whole discography and like my kids, I can't choose a favorite. 

didn't set well with me at first

Nice 'Subsets Of Sets' reference there.

That variant available during Thursday specials is indeed a repress. Here's the lowdown from TMS newsletter.

tumblr_nldg3sJTSv1siie31o1_500.jpg

Due to the high demand (sweet!) for wholesale/retail copies of Sines, we already had to go ahead and repress the mamma jamma! And it just seemed too weird for us to put in an order for all straight black/retail copies, just ain't our style... so we decided to add a very limited, colored variant of just 100 to the ordered repress. So, behold, we now introduce you to the Sines 2xLP repress :) See those pretty little numbers in the upper left hand spot within the vinyl galaxy of the solar system pictured above? That is the limited edition version of the 2nd pressing, side A/B on clear vinyl with red swirl and side C/D on clear vinyl with orange swirl. As stated, it's limited to just 100 copies and will be available exclusively in our store RIGHT HERE during Thursday Night Specials this Thursday night. Some of you are already aware of this variant as we've been having a little fun randomly tossing some copies in stock during the past few Thursday nights ;) So a lucky few of you have already acquired this beautiful alien life form. But the last of the available copies will go in stock this Thursday at 10pm EST. We also re-pressed another 400 on black vinyl. In this 2nd pressing, the LPs come housed in reverse-board gatefold jackets, as opposed to the glossy finish of the 1st press jackets. But again, with the high retail demand most of black vinyl is gonzo to retailers... so we only have a small box lot here at HQ, but those will also be available to anyone who is interested. So bookmark THIS LOCATION and be there this Thursday night at 10pm!!

• Derek™ changed the title to Jakob Thread: LP5 Hype Edition