Worst moments in music

I like when he goes with the more old school funk sound.

yeah I think that's the reason this song in particular has gotten so popular. but I think, well, just listen to old funk? The lyrics in that song really grate me as well - I fucking hate songs that are just about going to a club or about how much money the """""artist"""""" has. at least. Funkadelic sang songs about higher powers and black equality (as well as songs about poop and sex...) and Bruno Mars sings about living it up in the city. for fucks sake.

yeah I think that's the reason this song in particular has gotten so popular. but I think, well, just listen to old funk? The lyrics in that song really grate me as well - I fucking hate songs that are just about going to a club or about how much money the """""artist"""""" has. at least. Funkadelic sang songs about higher powers and black equality (as well as songs about poop and sex...) and Bruno Mars sings about living it up in the city. for fucks sake.

Yeah that's all true. I just look at it more as mindless music that has a nice sound to it. I don't listen to that song for the lyrics haha.

bumping this cos I'm bored in work at the moment.

not sure if anyone here likes The 1975, but if you do, W H Y?? their songs have about the worst vocals I have ever heard, sounds like he's belching and hiccuping. also their music just sucks. i'm all for bands taking different directions and not really having a genre, but these guys sound like they're trying to cover every base that they can and it just ends up being a huge fucking horrible mess

I listened to this band for the first time yesterday and literally got nauseous. I can't believe Jason Tate over at AP.net is constantly plugging this band.

My vote goes to "Bad Blood." I can't think of any song I hate more. The worst part is that people pretend to like it because it's a Taylor Swift song. But you know if anyone else had released the exact same song it would never have been popular. But I guess the same could be said about plenty of songs. At least my 4 year old also hates it.

There's a lot of really good answers in here. The GNR one is priceless it's so true. 

I'd say even though it's sort of a cop out answer, Kurt Cobain and Joe Strummer dying young. I'm sure there would be more great music and thoughts on music and life in 2016 from both were they kicking around still. 

Other thoughts:

-All the different versions of Black Flag suing each other over who is really Black Flag. Who would have thought back in the 80's that one of the most revolutionary bands to ever unite (ie DIY ethics and creating scenes) would turn into a bunch of whining middle aged men fighting over who could be in the reunion tour doing irreparable harm to their legacy

--Speaking of which:

black-flag-what-the.jpg

-Dead Kennedys suing each other over money (This one probably deserves the long schpeel I wrote above more, but that one came to mind first and I'm lazy) doing irreparable harm to their legacy

-Those christian metalcore bands that all sound the same 

-the vinyl trend

-Flavor Flav getting a tv show and doing irreparable harm to Public Enemy's legacy 

-Whatever this is:

yacht rock

-Agreed with the Maroon 5, Fred Durst, Bruno Mars, Brand New statements

-Ted Nugent.

Can OP rename this thread to "Fish-Barrel Shooting Gallery"?

Nothing more boring than a bunch of dudes with boilerplate alt-rock taste shitting on Top 40.

Yup. People would get so butthurt if I came in here and was like, "All these latest wave of emo bands blow, Linkin' Park sucks even more, and although I enjoy Dude Ranch, Blink-182 is a huge low point in music."

(all of which are true.)