Hall of Shame Museum of Idiotic Mailer Packaging

My last 2 orders were sent in paper bags. No bubble wrap. No cardboard inserts. Just paper fucking bags. What the fuck is wrong with people?

This has been pissing me off for 5 years now. I know I made a thread like this a few years ago, but fuck it, here's a new one. Post the shitty excuses for packaging you receive here:

This was an LP.

10454290_10152710207863076_1219423904606

Guys- it's not just a bag!  It's a cushion mailer!

My favorite packaging I've received was a sliced up, inverted cardboard USPS Priority letter mailer that was taped around the record jacket.  It was like a sad, flimsy Transformer that could only transform into a shittier, Frankenstein version of itself.

I received an album in a cushion mailer once and maybe I was lucky because it came fine. I'm pretty sure I used that mailer again, but I put cardboard spacers in it.

Though one time I received one made from an inside out USPS box, stapled shut with like 4 dozen staples as well as taped. That was a lot of fun to open. Surprisingly, none of the staples went through the jacket, but they sure made a mess out of the plastic sleeve. And I was not injured in the process.

I've been very lucky considering some horror stories I've heard here, but I did get a record sandwiched between two flat squares of cardboard all taped up. When I opened it up I discovered they were pieces of a container of milk cartons, still have em in case I need extra cardboard and I run out of liners.

Now that I have your address...expect some pizza to arrive for dinner and the desert will be a trio of hookers.

PM'd you my address. I like anchovies.

But once I had a guy on ebay ship me a first pressing Better Yet Connecticut 7" in a bubble mailer.

It showed up split in two.

I bought a 7" a few years back on eBay.

The seller put it in a plain white envelope, approximately 7" x 7". No inserts, no stiffeners, no padding. Just a plain white envelope.

Didn't even write "fragile" or "do not bend" on the outside, for all the good that does anyway.

The brilliant mailman crammed it into my small mail slot meant for regular letters, perhaps not realizing there was something rigid inside not meant to be bent (though I highly doubt this is possible).

By some miracle, the record didn't break in two, but it was so badly warped a small mouse could have used it as a boat. The sleeve was also very badly damaged.

This one's always stuck with me...