Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

Hopefully it isn't their Anthology, I could use a new copy of Sweet Oblivian because my copy is pretty bad but it will probably be the easiest to find release since it is newbury

MoV put out Sweet Oblivion a few years ago. As it's an import, it might not be cheaper than a Newbury edition, but still...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B003PIU9VE/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/67595/Screaming_Trees-Sweet_Oblivion-180_Gram_Vinyl_Record

• 2 weeks later...

Just a question here regarding the Miles Davis Kind of Blue by Newbury. For those who have purchased it, how does it sound? I've always wanted this record in a blue color, but only if the sound is good. What version out of the many presses of this would the board members recommend?

Thanks!

I'd recommend the mono press from RSD 2 years ago.

It's been a while since I've received a Newbury comics exclusive email. Hopefully theres something good coming out soon

yeah it has been a while, they were on a hot streak for a little bit. 

seems like most of the releases were announced on tuesdays and thursdays. maybe that modest mouse one is soon.

https://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_viewupc.php?storenr=103&upc=103-2090107N

preorder_televisionmoon_banner.jpg

Every once in awhile we have a release that I get particularly excited about and today is definitely one of those days. It's a proud privilege to present a Newbury Comics exclusive color edition of the timeless classic 'Marquee Moon' by Television.

To call it one of the best guitar albums of all-time is definitely on the mark, but sells short the fantastic songwriting and telepathic interplay of the rhythm section. Best to just call it one of the greatest albums of all-time and leave it at that.

Our version of 'Marquee Moon' is pressed in a limited edition of 1500 pieces of gorgeous Magenta Vinyl.

Out on 6/9 and available for pre-order now.

More exclusive vinyl on the way from Paul Simon, Screaming Trees and Modest Mouse - keep in touch!

Just a question here regarding the Miles Davis Kind of Blue by Newbury. For those who have purchased it, how does it sound? I've always wanted this record in a blue color, but only if the sound is good. What version out of the many presses of this would the board members recommend?

Thanks!

Just skimming through the last couple pages of this thread and wanted to follow up with something here because I was looking into it - so far, *all* of their jazz reissues have been a stereo mix. I like the color variants, and that they're choosing some classic albums, but the fact that they're not licensing the original/remastered mono mix means I won't give them any money for these.

https://instagram.com/unitedrecordpressing

According to United Pressing's instagram they are doing up Lou Reed's Transformer for Newbury.

The Transformer repress looks really nice - but I recently picked up a red 1972 pressing so I can't justify it.

Marquee Moon, on the other hand, I only own on CD and have been on the lookout for a vinyl copy. The price of the Music on Vinyl repress has kept me from picking it up, but this edition might sway me. Wish I knew the vinyl weight. The other 2 Newbury exclusives I have seem to be 180 or more.

I was wondering what happened to the rapid-fire pace of these presses. Magenta Marquee Moon looks pretty nice, but I'm not sure if I can justify it - I was a little underwhelmed with the low-end on my Music On Vinyl repress.

Have you heard other pressings? Just curious if originals or early represses sound significantly better.